Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
usmom3
Snooze or Lose
by usmom3
BJ
October 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I found this to be an interesting read & wanted to share!

Overstimulated, overscheduled kids are getting at least an hour’s less sleep than they need, a deficiency that, new research reveals, has the power to set their cognitive abilities back years. CLICK HERE

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    October 4, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My son is very much a night owl, like me.  It is hard for him to go to sleep before 10pm, so school was killer for him.  He does much better now that he can sleep when his body tells him to.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 4, 2013 at 2:55 PM

My kids bedtime is not conventional but they get more then enough sleep. We put them to bed at midnight & I read to them for an hour. If they fall asleep by 1AM they can get 9+ hours of sleep, we don't get up for the day until 10AM they get up on their own unless they asked to be woken up.

Quoting mem82:

My kids are nuts if they miss their bedtime which is 9pm. They naturally wake between 7 and 8.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM

That is one of the things I love about homeschooling, we can all be on the same schedule as my hubby who dose not get home until after 10PM & still get a full nights sleep.

Quoting kmath:

My son is very much a night owl, like me.  It is hard for him to go to sleep before 10pm, so school was killer for him.  He does much better now that he can sleep when his body tells him to.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN