Homeschooling Moms

KrissyKC
Friday
October 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM

We usually have school on Fridays and get more accomplished because DH works all day... the days he's home we don't get as much done.

So far today, we've done..  quiet time/bible, Sign Language, study for quizzing competition, PE-bikes, and now they are building wacky towers out of the baby's blocks! LOL!

I want to do Spelling, finish lines (finish the story), draw write now, and we have a creation science seminar at noon.

Yahoo... we are getting some work done and it doesn't really feel like work!

What are you doing today?

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    October 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Sounds like a fun day!  DS is with his dad, since we took this week off to restructure our school days.  I am taking care of a sick kiddo today, getting lesson plans together and chilling out. 

• PurpleCupcake
    October 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

We are having a great day as well. The kids are watching a Halloween documentary to complement the zombie documentary they had yesterday. 

We also get more done when hubby is at work. He is just distracting. 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    October 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Cleaning. my house has really gone to the pits because of my toe being all bruised up! So today we are going to try to set it right! Wish me luck!

• Knightquester
    October 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM

The kids have theater class an hour away from where we live (need to leave soon), from 11-3:30.  So, we don't get much done on Fridays.  My youngest daughter got up early today to complete an English paper but none of the others are working at the moment, they're just preparing to leave.

• AutymsMommy
    October 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Well, we have a nasty stomach virus going through the house right now. Middle boy had it a couple days ago, youngest boy (15 months) and DH have it now. Alas, I still have my tutoring student AND I kept my eldest home from school (with only 4 in her class and 15 in the school, whatever this is would have wiped out the entire school, lol - the office agreed when I spoke with them).

Today my eldest tutored my student in math (since both are dyslexic, but Autumn is being tutored at school by a specialized teacher, this is GREAT!), I did grammar with my student, and now we're being lazy since the babe threw up again :(

• AnnieGoolaheey
    October 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    we do a sort of block schedule so today we did art health and later we're going to do a foreign language
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    October 4, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Does anything help?  That stinks.  I always hated when my babies got sick cuz they can't really understand.  :(

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Well, we have a nasty stomach virus going through the house right now. Middle boy had it a couple days ago, youngest boy (15 months) and DH have it now. Alas, I still have my tutoring student AND I kept my eldest home from school (with only 4 in her class and 15 in the school, whatever this is would have wiped out the entire school, lol - the office agreed when I spoke with them).

Today my eldest tutored my student in math (since both are dyslexic, but Autumn is being tutored at school by a specialized teacher, this is GREAT!), I did grammar with my student, and now we're being lazy since the babe threw up again :(

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    October 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I also have to clean, but I have nothing out of the ordinary that has made it a living pit.  :(  Good luck with setting it right!

Quoting usmom3:

Cleaning. my house has really gone to the pits because of my toe being all bruised up! So today we are going to try to set it right! Wish me luck!

• kmath
    by kmath
    October 4, 2013 at 1:27 PM

What zombie documentary?  I have been looking for some stuff cause DS is obsessed with them right now, but hadn't found any.

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

We are having a great day as well. The kids are watching a Halloween documentary to complement the zombie documentary they had yesterday. 

We also get more done when hubby is at work. He is just distracting. 

• AutymsMommy
    October 4, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I can't think of what might help. It's very odd - he's fine, playing, happy... just randomly throwing up. He's really none the wiser, lol; he throws up, I clean him up, he goes back to playing.

Quoting hwblyf:

Does anything help?  That stinks.  I always hated when my babies got sick cuz they can't really understand.  :(

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Homeschooling Moms