Homeschooling Moms

KrissyKC
Friday
October 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM

We usually have school on Fridays and get more accomplished because DH works all day... the days he's home we don't get as much done.

So far today, we've done..  quiet time/bible, Sign Language, study for quizzing competition, PE-bikes, and now they are building wacky towers out of the baby's blocks! LOL!

I want to do Spelling, finish lines (finish the story), draw write now, and we have a creation science seminar at noon.

Yahoo... we are getting some work done and it doesn't really feel like work!

What are you doing today?

Replies

• kirbymom
    October 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    Our day is meh. lol good and not so good.
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    October 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I have this vivid memory of my oldest, about that age, sitting in his highchair eating, and diarrhea just running down his legs.  It would have affected me, but he was just as content as could be.  I'm glad he's not miserable, that makes this a bit easier.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I can't think of what might help. It's very odd - he's fine, playing, happy... just randomly throwing up. He's really none the wiser, lol; he throws up, I clean him up, he goes back to playing.

Quoting hwblyf:

Does anything help?  That stinks.  I always hated when my babies got sick cuz they can't really understand.  :(

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Well, we have a nasty stomach virus going through the house right now. Middle boy had it a couple days ago, youngest boy (15 months) and DH have it now. Alas, I still have my tutoring student AND I kept my eldest home from school (with only 4 in her class and 15 in the school, whatever this is would have wiped out the entire school, lol - the office agreed when I spoke with them).

Today my eldest tutored my student in math (since both are dyslexic, but Autumn is being tutored at school by a specialized teacher, this is GREAT!), I did grammar with my student, and now we're being lazy since the babe threw up again :(

• AutymsMommy
    October 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I'm just thrilled that he is only interested in nursing right now - not table food. Breastmilk throw up doesn't smell bad and it's easy peasy to clean up, lol!

Quoting hwblyf:

I have this vivid memory of my oldest, about that age, sitting in his highchair eating, and diarrhea just running down his legs.  It would have affected me, but he was just as content as could be.  I'm glad he's not miserable, that makes this a bit easier.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I can't think of what might help. It's very odd - he's fine, playing, happy... just randomly throwing up. He's really none the wiser, lol; he throws up, I clean him up, he goes back to playing.

Quoting hwblyf:

Does anything help?  That stinks.  I always hated when my babies got sick cuz they can't really understand.  :(

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Well, we have a nasty stomach virus going through the house right now. Middle boy had it a couple days ago, youngest boy (15 months) and DH have it now. Alas, I still have my tutoring student AND I kept my eldest home from school (with only 4 in her class and 15 in the school, whatever this is would have wiped out the entire school, lol - the office agreed when I spoke with them).

Today my eldest tutored my student in math (since both are dyslexic, but Autumn is being tutored at school by a specialized teacher, this is GREAT!), I did grammar with my student, and now we're being lazy since the babe threw up again :(

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    October 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

My poor oldest.  When he was right around a year got RSV and something else.  He threw up every time he ate.  Even Cheerios.  Eventually he figured out Cheerios made him sick, and he stopped eating entirely. :(  My husband still complains about how bad baby banana vomit is.  :)

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I'm just thrilled that he is only interested in nursing right now - not table food. Breastmilk throw up doesn't smell bad and it's easy peasy to clean up, lol!

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

• PurpleCupcake
    October 5, 2013 at 7:43 AM

On my kindle I have an app that lets me watch stuff from the history channel. I think you should be able to see it on your pc.

It's zombies a living history...I think this is it on the website. You might want to watch it first to make sure it's not too much for your child, I'm not sure if a young kid will like it? Depends on your kid!

http://www.history.com/videos/zombies-a-living-history#zombies-a-living-history

Quoting kmath:

What zombie documentary?  I have been looking for some stuff cause DS is obsessed with them right now, but hadn't found any.

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

We are having a great day as well. The kids are watching a Halloween documentary to complement the zombie documentary they had yesterday. 

We also get more done when hubby is at work. He is just distracting. 

• kmath
    by kmath
    October 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Cool!  Thanks, I will check it out and see if D can handle it.

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

On my kindle I have an app that lets me watch stuff from the history channel. I think you should be able to see it on your pc.

It's zombies a living history...I think this is it on the website. You might want to watch it first to make sure it's not too much for your child, I'm not sure if a young kid will like it? Depends on your kid!

http://www.history.com/videos/zombies-a-living-history#zombies-a-living-history

Quoting kmath:

What zombie documentary?  I have been looking for some stuff cause DS is obsessed with them right now, but hadn't found any.

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

We are having a great day as well. The kids are watching a Halloween documentary to complement the zombie documentary they had yesterday. 

We also get more done when hubby is at work. He is just distracting. 

Homeschooling Moms