Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
MammaG08
I need a break
September 30, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Ok so we started hs on Aug. 1st (light schedule at first) and have been going really strong for the month of Sept.   My son just turned 5, so I spent all spare time last week getting ready for the party.  Now I am wiped out ~ I need a break!  I was thinknig maybe I would take a week off every couple of months to just review, play (educational) games, do some extra field trips, do some baking, etc.   Is anyone else taking a break yet?  What do you do during your breaks?

Replies

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    September 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    We just took a day off yesterday and another one a week ago. We stay home. No going anywhere. We watch TV, play together on the wii, puzzles, read a lot together. Go outside and my kids love to play with our animals. Sometimes we play all day and sometimes we play and get caught up on some work at home.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    September 30, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    I think we will break soon, too. Probably the week of Halloween.
  • Leissaintexas
    September 30, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I don't plan breaks, they happen when we need one or when life intrudes. We don't do anything, we just enjoy the restfulness of a day with nothing happening.  We might go on a bike ride (ds is training for a 40 mi race next month) since its no longer 105 degrees during the day anymore!

• coala
    by coala
    September 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I plan for breaks....our next year will be 6 weeks on and 1 week off.  The full week may not be off as we do field trips and need to make that time up.  Breaks are important and should happen so that you can decompress and just have a lazy day.  Everyone needs them occasionally.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 30, 2013 at 12:06 PM

We take breaks as needed!

• Honey_Comb
    September 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    We took a day off Friday! I had a gallbladder attack at the beginning of the week and we pushed hard through my worst days. It was nice to let them play outside and me relax in the house with my youngest. :)
  • debramommyof4
    September 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM
    We break as needed. I usually have the kids play on starfall or read a book and we watch tv. Since we have about 2 shows the kids can watch that are not educational at all that can count.
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    September 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    Today ended.up being a break day. DH decided to take the kids to the beach for the weekend and give me time alone. Just chilling.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    September 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM

We have a few planned breaks and then we take others as they are needed or as things come up.  D just got a break a couple weeks ago so his dad could have an extra day with him.  He is getting a semi-break in a couple weeks to go visit my dad with my sister.  She is going to do some stuff with him, but it won't be much.

• No_Difference
    September 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I'm going to need a break really really soon, I can tell already. My neighbor is going through hell and back, and we've been her only support system and its starting to toll on us. On top of that, we're on our Home Owners Association board, and there has been a ton of drama and major transitions there. Tomorrow we have a major meeting where over half the community has to attend, and so far no one has responded :S !!! Its going to cost a fortune to redo this meeting and then we'll have grumpy neighbors that I really don't want to deal with. Next weekend, we're doing a redo yard sale, and my daughter's Comedy Night. The weekend after that, Hubby has his shooting competition for wounded veterans, and his grandparents and parents might come to watch.
    I am SO SO SO SO SO hoping that he'll suck it up, and okay a disney trip. He doesn't want to because we don't have enough cash on hand to fly down. The kids are at the perfect age, and it would be an awesome week vacation...I wouldn't even mind driving the 17 hrs, which I would be doing all the driving regardless.  If we don't go this year, I can honestly say without a doubt or hesitation that my kids will never go to Disney...and I want them to go so stinking bad!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN