Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
MommaMeemee
OT-How long did you wait to tell your other children?
September 29, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Ok, sorry this is off topic, but I just found out this morning before DH left for work that I am pregnant. :D We decided not to tell the kids yet and we want to put off telling the family for a while. The only persone I could tell is my BF and since it's her hubby's day off from work, I am sure she is sleeping in. Needless to say it's been an excruciatingly slow day lol. Anyway, when our youngest DD was on the way, the other 2 were really too young to understand exactly what was going on. Now they are much older and I'm not exactly sure when to 'let it out'.  Thinking about it though, could I count WIC and OB appointments as Health/Science??

expecting baby

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    September 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    Congrats! Mine were all under three when the next came along. We didn't make.a big issue of announcing it but explained.as I got bigger.

I would say to wait n tell the kids when you are ready for everyone else to know.
  • Precious333
    September 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    I told my kids when we felt ok.telling the grandparents and everyone else. They cant keep secrets lol

Congrats btw! I bet you are so excited!
  • coala
    by coala
    September 30, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Congratulations.  You sure could count some of that as health and a little science as you can cover the biology of how baby grows and what they develop and at what points.  I would wait until you are ready for them to know...because some kids just can't keep secrets.  Good luck!!!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    September 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM

hahahah yes wic and ob appt. as health and science!!!!

its been so long ago i dont remember when i told my kids! maybe i didnt tell them!!!

• RADmomma
    September 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    My dd knew. She kept talking about having a baby sister... And she was right!

We told her right away & told everyone else at about 14 weeks... But it was obvious by 10 weeks so if anyone saw me they knew anyways!!
  • kmath
    by kmath
    September 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Congratulations!  I would wait to tell them until you are ready to tell everyone else.  Of course if they are going to appts with you, they are going to figure it out sooner. 

• A-WAHL
    by A-WAHL
    September 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    Congrats! We told the kids right after we found out.
  • debramommyof4
    September 30, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Congrats.  We told them almost as soon as we knew, but then we live far from family so it is not like they were going to blurt it out when we did not want others to know yet.  If we lived closer, I would have told them and then went to make the announcements to the rest of the family right after.

• debramommyof4
    September 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Oh and yes it is health and science when they go with you to appointments.

• Jenn8604
    September 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    Congrats and bump I have one and only one and don't plan on more for AWHILE if ever, so I'm clueless on how to tell or when to tell.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts