Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
Are you being a reading 'rebel'
September 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

It is banned book week (Sept. 22-28) and in rebellion against the 'establishment' (haha, I have always wanted to say that) I am re-reading James and the Giant Peach by Ronald Dahl ( I love this book). I am also reading from Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein to the wee ones.

Take that book banning establishment. ha

Are you reading any 'banned or challenged' books?

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    September 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM

go for it footballfan!!!!

not reading any right now!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Not this week but I normally read band or controversial books because they are band or considered controversial!

• bluerooffarm
    September 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM

*Shay*

Not this moment, but i read banned books a lot!  It's actually the best way to get my attention.

• TJandKarasMom
    September 27, 2013 at 6:13 PM
    We are! At least "challenged" books, not all were banned. We stopped at the library yesterday (an impromptu day off) and learned about banned books which my kids hadn't leaned about yet. So they each checked out two books from the huge list of challenged and banned books and saw a few they had already read or that we own. DD got Harriet the Spy and The Lorax, DS got Captain Underpants and a Goosebumps book. I didn't push for more "age level" books because I wasn't sure of the content, lol. We are going to the library again tomorrow and I plan to get one or two banned books for myself ;)
  • celticdragon77
    September 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM

LOVE it. =)

• mem82
    by mem82
    September 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    Lol
  • kirbymom
    September 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    That is a great idea! I will be sure to read a few all over again myself. :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts