Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KrissyKC
It's another one of "those" days....
September 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Ok, so it's 1:30 about...

My 11 yr old did a small amount of math work, an even smaller amount of English.   Work that if I sat down and took my time at, I would be done in about 30-40 minutes tops.   

She started working at 9 am.... I keep feeling like I'm cattle prodding her along.   It was 1:00 and I made her give ME a break and take her little sister outside for a bit while I made (a late) lunch and got baby down for a nap.

I've tried everything, but at 11, she has to have her hand held and me teaching her everything.  If she has to make an effort on her own... it just doesn't get done.   No matter what I do.   Discipline to rewards, timers to responsibility charts... etc.

Everything works once or twice and then she hates whatever the proceedure is and refuses to do it.

Replies

• AutymsMommy
    September 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Guys, my daughter was EXACTLY like this at 11 - a pain in the neck. Seriously... I was at my WIT'S END.. Now, a few months into 12? Way, way, way better. Just to give some hope to the thread, lol!

• Jinx-Troublex3
    September 26, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    It does get better...DD is 10 and sounds like OPs DD. Gotta hand feed her everything!

I'm pretty sure both boys went through this about the same age.y oldest is on a streak and doing incredibly. The just-turned-13 year old is catching on. LOL

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts