Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Bluecalm
When your kids miss ps
September 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
My son only went to Kindergarten and is happy to be homeschooled, but today he had the ps blues. On the way back from a doctor's appointment we passed two schools who just so happened to be having PE outside at that time. He was particularly entraced by the Catholic school and pointed out they were all dressed the same and he wanted to dress like them and play games too. The rest of the way home he reminisced about fun activities he did in K. How do you handle that?

Replies

• Leissaintexas
    September 26, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    I guess I'm a mean mom. I just tell them "tough luck, kiddo. Homeschooling is what we do." Kind of like not allowing certain music or video games that a friend may be allowed to play. Its just our family's choice. I don't feel like its my job to make them feel better about it or justify my parental decisions to them. That's just me, though.
  • puglove029
    September 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Whenever my daughter gets the ps blues I remind her that she no longer has to get up at the crack of dawn to catch a bus at 7:20. She doesn't have to leave the house when it's cold, and when she is done she is free to go back to sleep or anything else she chooses.

I think the reason she doesn't miss it much is that she still sees her friends pretty regularly. She goes to the high school football games on Friday's, and she can also still go to school functions like dances.

I would just acknowledge the feelings and remind of all the benefits (the cool ones) and change the subject lol

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN