Homeschooling Moms

Bluecalm
Now *I* need to be socialized too
September 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM

A friend of mine told me tonight that since I'm homeschooling now instead of teaching in public school I am not around any adults and am not used to adult company.   I've been hearing lots of comments about my kids needing socialization, first I heard about myself lol.

Replies

• Leissaintexas
    September 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Homeschooling suits my introverted nature. I can CHOOSE when I socialize, instead of being forced to because I had to take the kids to school and go to a PTA meeting, or volunteer for home room mom or whatever. I actually have more adult interaction now than I did before I homeschooled, being stuck at home with cranky babies who can't talk and a car that never had enough gas to go anywhere.

• mrs.hartman12
    September 25, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    Why is it so hard for people yo fathom that some of us like spending time with our families. Dh and I rarely go out and if we do for only a few hours. I hate girls night out stuff. I am a married eoman, I dont need to party. Thats stuff I did when I was single. I much rather ho to play dates at the park or zoo or museum. If I really neef me time dh will watch the kids and I eill go shopping or to the salon.
  • ablackdolphin
    September 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    Wouldnt that apply to all sahms??? lol
  • coala
    by coala
    September 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM

If getting out to events that our kids want to go to and talking to people that have some of the same intrests as we do, then what exactly is this socialization she is talking about.

• mom2Bellarose
    September 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Oh geez, some people are just...cute. Anyway, I am waaay more "social" now that my daughter is homeschooled than when she was younger and I was just a SAHM. Besides, how would sending your kids off to public school make you more social lol. Silliness!

• Precious333
    September 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    Right now, without a car most days, i have two days of socialization lol, today was suppose to be one of them, but dh took the van :( thankfully tomorrow we will have company over. I think its hard for me to socialize right now because of the little ones being so needy.

Homeschooling Moms