When does your homeschool day start?
by oredeb
September 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM

When does your homeschooling day start?

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 20, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Depends on the day, the weeks I don't work in the am we start around 9:30, the weeks I do work in the am we usually start around 8:30.

• PurpleCupcake
    September 20, 2013 at 6:39 PM

8:30 to 3:00

• JadensMommy2
    September 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Between 9-10.  I need time to drink my coffee, lol. 

• TidewaterClan
    September 20, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Our day is usually 9-3 with an hour break for lunch & recess.  We did start an hour later Wednesday because they were watching a show about kittens. :)

• PurpleCupcake
    September 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I was able to sneak documentaries in at lunch time. Kids love it. They have no idea they are still doing school work on thier break.

shh

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Our day is usually 9-3 with an hour break for lunch & recess.  We did start an hour later Wednesday because they were watching a show about kittens. :)

• tnt-manda
    September 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    Somewhere between 8 &9.
  • ablackdolphin
    September 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Around 1 or 2pm.  I try to put DS down for a nap first.  Then I usually have DD listen to a read along book first so that I have a moment to prep the next thing, usually a writing activity.

• TidewaterClan
    September 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM

LOL, those kittens have to count as the front end of the animal life cycle!  They watched from birth up to 12 weeks. :D

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I was able to sneak documentaries in at lunch time. Kids love it. They have no idea they are still doing school work on thier break.

shh

Quoting TidewaterClan:

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM

LOL, D always asks to watch a documentary or Magic School Bus during his lunch break!

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

shh

Quoting TidewaterClan:

• bluerooffarm
    September 20, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Between 7-7:30.  I like to get started during breakfast while I have a captive audience, so that's 7.  When it's sloppy (oatmeal) then it's 7:30.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN