Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TJandKarasMom
Riddles/puzzles/logic
September 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I've added critical thinking to our daily to do's, and I try to vary it every day for each kid, trying to stretch those brain muscles!  Today DS and I came across this and I HAD to attempt it.  I got stuck, so DS11 joined in while I helped DD with spelling...between DS and I we solved the puzzle only 2% can solve! (two heads are better than one right?)

Can you solve it?  What do you do for logic or critical thinking?

http://brainden.com/einsteins-riddles.htm  scroll down to "neighbors"

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Going to have to check that out!  I love logic puzzles and things of that nature.  DS uses Cool Math right now, it has a ton of logic games. 

• TJandKarasMom
    September 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    DS loves cool math, he used to use it in ps and always wanted to play at home, which he did sometimes. I didn't realize it had logic games,I will have to look and put that in his plans, he will love it lol.

Quoting kmath:

Going to have to check that out!  I love logic puzzles and things of that nature.  DS uses Cool Math right now, it has a ton of logic games. 

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM

It has logic games and strategy games.  There is a robot one that DS absolutely loves!  It is great because he could play for hours and I know he is exercising his brain!

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

DS loves cool math, he used to use it in ps and always wanted to play at home, which he did sometimes. I didn't realize it had logic games,I will have to look and put that in his plans, he will love it lol.

Quoting kmath:

• ablackdolphin
    September 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM

We play games that require all of those skills!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    September 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM

awww i said there was no bears

im gona give these to my highschoolers! see how logical they think they are!, we use stuff we find online, on utube they have some fun ones, i have the kids find them and we do them together

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN