Homeschooling Moms

mem82
TGIF! What are you doing this weekend?
by mem82
September 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Woot! TGIF, ladies. 8) It's my last weekend for a while that isn't filled with things to do which is awesome. How about you?

Replies

• AmyMamie
    September 20, 2013 at 9:52 AM

(sigh) We were supposed to be having a night out to celebrate our anniversary - dinner and a movie, while the kids spend the night at their grandparents' house.  BUT... they both have caught head colds, and the 5 yr old is really sick.  I'm going to be spending the weekend putting him on a nebulizer every few hours and feeding him healthy drinks, instead of my relaxing weekend off.  But the poor baby feels so rotten that I can't feel too sorry for myself - I feel worse for him! :(  We'll just postpone our weekend out.

• mem82
    by mem82
    September 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Aw, that's no fun. 8( Sorry.

Quoting AmyMamie:

(sigh) We were supposed to be having a night out to celebrate our anniversary - dinner and a movie, while the kids spend the night at their grandparents' house.  BUT... they both have caught head colds, and the 5 yr old is really sick.  I'm going to be spending the weekend putting him on a nebulizer every few hours and feeding him healthy drinks, instead of my relaxing weekend off.  But the poor baby feels so rotten that I can't feel too sorry for myself - I feel worse for him! :(  We'll just postpone our weekend out.

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    September 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Scouts has started up, so let the crazy begin!  Tomorrow actually is a berry patch farm, a birthday party, some popcorn selling, and family night.  Sunday, I hope, is more relaxing.  Like cleaning and planning.  Printing, assembly.  Figuring out Monday's Brownies meeting.  You know, soothing activities.  :)

• mem82
    by mem82
    September 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM

LOL YES! Both Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts have started back up and my Fall is packed full of stuff.

Quoting hwblyf:

Scouts has started up, so let the crazy begin!  Tomorrow actually is a berry patch farm, a birthday party, some popcorn selling, and family night.  Sunday, I hope, is more relaxing.  Like cleaning and planning.  Printing, assembly.  Figuring out Monday's Brownies meeting.  You know, soothing activities.  :)

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    September 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM

And if I don't fill up my time with training, I won't be able to fill up more of my weekends....hmmm...so tempting....

Quoting mem82:

LOL YES! Both Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts have started back up and my Fall is packed full of stuff.

Quoting hwblyf:

• Knightquester
    September 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Kids theater class today, their Japanese class tomorrow, and the apple farms on Sunday.

• Knightquester
    September 20, 2013 at 11:57 AM

So, what are you and your family up to this weekend mem?

Quoting mem82:

Woot! TGIF, ladies. 8) It's my last weekend for a while that isn't filled with things to do which is awesome. How about you?

• mem82
    by mem82
    September 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Well, my daughter is going to a lock in tonight and the younger kids are having a movie night. That's about it for us. I do have to pick up some popcorn for Scouts tomorrow, but everything else is basically free. I think I am going to get some yard work done before the weather completely goes over to Fall. Maybe do a little Fall cleaning, too.

We want to hit up the apple farm on Wednesday since it's our Johnny Appleseed week. 8)

Quoting Knightquester:

So, what are you and your family up to this weekend mem?

Quoting mem82:

• somuchlove4U
    September 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    My 12 yrs old is going to a youth retreat this weekend. My sister is watching my two month old Saturday so that hubby and I can
    go on a date.
  • debramommyof4
    September 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM
    We are rearranging the schoolroom

Homeschooling Moms