Homeschooling Moms

FootballFan12
Do you remember the first field trip?
September 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I am so excited. We are going on our first outing tomorrow. The other field trip I had planned didn't pan out so this will be our first one. We are going to an apple orchard. We will view the whole operation and then go picking apples. I think it is going to be a great time and one that will be very memoriable because it IS the first. I like the idea of it being a 'forever memory'.

Do you remember the first field trip/outing you took your kids on?

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    September 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Wow, I'm not sure if I remember.  We do so many little ones.  My first big one was to the aquarium in Baltimore. 

We love going to the apple orchard.  We went to the u-pick when the peaches were ripe and plan to go back for the winter store apples in October!  Have fun!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    September 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM

hahaha no that was 30 years ago, now thats gona bug me cuz i cant remember!

• sha_lyn68
    September 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM

I haven no idea what our first was for homeschooling. There were so many before homeschooling either that I chaperoned for DS school and when he was in Y Guides. I asked DD if she remembers and she has no idea either. I vaguely remember looking for the group leader and she was holding a sign (same one I mentioned in my "if I can't be in charge" post that put her special needs DD is school and disbanned the group). It actually might have been a "social gathering" at Dave and Busters that I'm remembering. 

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Our first one was to Florida Caverns, it isn't hard to remember though since it was just a few weeks ago.  LOL!  Hope you guys have a blast.  Picking apples sounds like fun!

• coala
    by coala
    September 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

We went to the local Rep and saw the Paper Bag Princess.  It was such a cute show teaching that what is on the inside matters more than the outside.

• paganbaby
    September 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Yep. Ours was Wednesday,lol. We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific.

• debramommyof4
    September 19, 2013 at 11:23 PM

No but then again we have always treated everywhere we went as a learning trip.  From the time my oldest )dd7) was just an infant we would tell her all the names at zoo of the animals and we discussed their habitats.  We were at the zoo every weekend because we were free at the time (both active duty and an infant.)  We continued this till I got out when dd7 was 2 1/2.  By then she could name all the animals, except the different kinds of monkey.  Everyone was really suprised. But she had always been around them and told. 

So I guess we have been having field trips longer than we have been homeschooling.

• bether89
    September 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM

We went to the Zoo when it had a dinosaur exhibit.  My boys still talk about the dinosaur that squirted dh and his camera while he was taking an upclose picture.

Homeschooling Moms