Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Dawn07
Can we start over?
by Dawn07
September 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
My phone had been ringing off the wall this morning. Luckily it's on silent so it hasn't disrupted dd but it's distracting me. Ds is in the mood to get into everything and has been disruptive to both of us though. On top of that my ex bil shows up and wants to chit chat, even after I told him we were doing school, and right in the middle of a test. So now we're all distracted and trying to refocus. This would make the second time this week someone has come over to chit chat, unannounced. Ugh! Ok vent over!

Replies

• ablackdolphin
    September 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Exactly, I think we all need a reset button lol

• sha_lyn68
    September 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I hate days like that. Sometimes I take it as a sign from the universe that we need a down day, but sometimes it happens way too frequently. I basically had to set down rules for my mom when she first retired. She would just show up without calling first, sometimes with lunch even, and then get mad if we were in the middle of something or were about to leave for a homeschool activity.

• bluerooffarm
    September 19, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Yeah, we had a rough morning today too.  DH is home and that always causes a case of the crazies.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    September 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    I'm going to reset and go hide.

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Exactly, I think we all need a reset button lol

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    September 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    My mom is the worse one. I expect her to understand because she homeschooled us and use to deal with the same issues but yet turns around and does it to me and then gets mad if I say something. She comes over at least once a week.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I hate days like that. Sometimes I take it as a sign from the universe that we need a down day, but sometimes it happens way too frequently. I basically had to set down rules for my mom when she first retired. She would just show up without calling first, sometimes with lunch even, and then get mad if we were in the middle of something or were about to leave for a homeschool activity.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    September 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    Dh's hitch is over today so he'll be home for the next two weeks. Hopefully he'll help though.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Yeah, we had a rough morning today too.  DH is home and that always causes a case of the crazies.

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 19, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Some days really do need a reset button!  Good luck getting back on task.  I can't stand when people show up unannounced!

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    September 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM
    Another phone call and because I didn't answer it, I got a text from someone else telling me I needed to call that person.
  • paganbaby
    September 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Omg I hate those days! It's usually my sister calling, calling, calling then one of dd's friends might show up then the mail man delivers a package... Yeah I feel you.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 19, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Do overs are allowed & strongly encouraged at our house for everything!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN