Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
ballerina.2006
field trips questions
September 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM
My homeschool program is like a correspondence school. I am on the PAC (pta) this year as the field trip team leader. My children are pre-k and 2nd grade. We live in Ak so we'll soon have snow until March-ish.

What kinds of field trips would you look forward to especially in the winter months? What would entice your older middle school and high school students to attend field trips? Would a series of basic job opportunity field trips be something worth your upper classman's time? For instance: going to a mechanic, health care, etc. touch on the basic jobs and get them interested in specific fields.

I'd love input please!

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    September 10, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I liked manufacturer field trips. Bonus if you got some free food such as ice cream, cookies or potato chips. LOL

I like the idea of basic job opportunity field trips.

• kirbymom
    September 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    I like the series of job field trips. You might think about college field trips too. I think it might depend on the type of area that you are in.
  • hipmomto3
    September 10, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I think the job thing is a good idea. My kids are still a bit young to think about that, but it's a great idea - get them exposed to all sorts of different jobs, situations, and people. 

• oahoah
    by oahoah
    September 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

That's a great idea.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts