Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
coala
Just wanted to share this incredibly infuriating article.
by coala
September 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I am incredibly appaled at this article.  It also makes me even more secure in my decisions.  I don't know how to make it clicky....sorry.

http://www.blacklistednews.com/The_Most_Dangerous_Domestic_Spying_Program_is_Common_Core/28590/0/38/38/Y/M.html

Replies

• KrissyKC
    September 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I can't figure it out because the last part of the link is behind the ads on the side of my screen, so I can't get it highlighted (it highlights the stupid ads too)...

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Is this it CLICK FOR LINK ?

• coala
    by coala
    September 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM

You are awesome!!!  That is it!!!  I don't think we tell you that enough..lol

Quoting usmom3:

• tuffymama
    September 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    Considering all the JUNK, and even a pyramid scheme, marketed to me and ODS because public school information that was supposed to be confidential but was sold to anyone willing to pay for it, this didn't surprise me. We actually learned of it a couple of years ago. We attempt to control as much invasion of privacy as possible, and that is yet one more reason we homeschool, avoid vaccinating, use private sources for goods and services, and so on. Common Core is purely evil, and if I seem like a crackpot or extremist for saying/typing it, oh effing well.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 5, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I think that is a matter of opinion! I am sure there are a few Moms in here that don't like me so much!

I am glad that I was able to find it & make it clicky for you!

I didn't read the whole thing because I have read something similarabout CC a few weeks back. I am really against everything the government wants to do at this point because it is obvious to me that it is not about the American people & what we want any more but what the corporations & lobbyist want.

Quoting coala:

Quoting usmom3:

• ambertreas76
    September 5, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    Common Core was created to brainwash people into sheeple. Thank God for homeschooling.
  • kirbymom
    September 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    Great article posting! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Oh man! As much as I could whole heartedly agree with such an article, I am forced to ask, where is the printed/computerized documents with such wording and verge on it? I would love to see it for myself!
  • AutymsMommy
    September 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Even those of us who enjoy disagreeing with you, still LIKE you :P

OP - I'm not feeling well today and don't want to make my stomach churn even more, so I'll pass for now, but I'll read it tomorrow. Thanks for the link!

Quoting usmom3:

I think that is a matter of opinion! I am sure there are a few Moms in here that don't like me so much!

I am glad that I was able to find it & make it clicky for you!

I didn't read the whole thing because I have read something similarabout CC a few weeks back. I am really against everything the government wants to do at this point because it is obvious to me that it is not about the American people & what we want any more but what the corporations & lobbyist want.

Quoting coala:

Quoting usmom3:

• TJandKarasMom
    September 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM

This is a HUGE reason we decided to homeschool.  HUGE.  I worked in the PS and HATED watching CC being implemented, the teachers are obsessed with it.  It's scary.  Nevermind all of the recording of info. 

When my DS was in 2nd grade, they requested to put him in a "social group" to work on his "impulse control."  Because my 7 year old (that was at a 4th grade reading level and doing 5th or 6th grade level math) was getting in trouble regularly for acting out in class-talking, goofing off, etc..because he was always finished his work.  Luckily, my DH was already pretty aware of "permanent records" and he didn't like the idea (he is not DSs father, but his opinion is valued highly by me, and I think even my ex-though he would never admit it, lol)  my ex also didn't really like idea but left it up to me.  I am sooooo glad I went with DHs gut, because that could have followed him forever!  I would envision DS getting into a fight in high school and them looking back saying "oh, yes, look here, impulse control issues since 2nd grade..what a shame."

We are also careful about what 'help' we accept...our state offers health insurance on a sliding fee scale to all children under 18, it is a great program and both kids were on it as babies...but we considered using it earlier this year and DH hated the idea, he hated the idea that then we could be tracked as a family and that later on they may be able to say "oh you need gov't assistance in the past, now we need to know XYZ, or you can't have this or that..."  And unfortunately, I don't think he is wrong or crazy.

Sorry...off my soapbox...this subject just gets me riled up!

• MacMamaof5
    September 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Yeah, I noticed when my kid took an Online Reading Readiness Test, it asked him his first and last name, address, phone number, birthdate, etc....WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH BEING READY TO READ?  I looked it up===based on Common Core and of course it's a way to collect data....forget your kid, they don't want him to learn so he can be dumb as a rock so long as he is reporting personal information.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts