Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
debramommyof4
What time......
September 4, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Does your children wake up? I am jeoulous of this morning alone time I keep reading about.

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    September 4, 2013 at 10:55 PM

My kids wold sleep in until 9-10 am if I allowed it. By then, IMO..half the day is wasted!

I get up around 7 am and am paid to walk dogs starting at 8am.  I wake the kids up a few minutes before I leave the house and they get their breakfast and get their school started by 9am. I get home around 9:15.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 4, 2013 at 10:55 PM

We have a very different schedule then most. Hubby dose not have to be at work until Noon & is not home until 10:30PM. So we don't get up for the day before 10:00AM, I do not wake the children up, they get up when they wake up on their own any where from before I get up to as late as 1:00PM. Our bedtime is not until Midnight & that is just what time everyone goes to their rooms to read or do things quietly. Some nights they stay up later reading or playing quietly.

• coala
    by coala
    September 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM

My girls wake up between 7-9 depending. We have speed skating practice until 10 p.m. one night a week  the next day they sleep in late.  I prefer to be up atleast an hour before they are up to get my bearings, but that almost never happens.

• mommy4lyf
    September 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM

We are morning people. Hubby goes to work at 3:30am.  I wake up at 5:30am and my son wakes up at 7:00am.

• ablackdolphin
    September 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Around 8:30 they are both awake.

• debramommyof4
    September 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM
    So far I am the only ones with kids that wake up before the sun. I am so cheated. It does not matter if I put them to bed at midnight they are up before 6 the next morning and they are going to have a rough day.

I am not getting up that early now that they are old enough to come in my room for tv time or play in the playroom safely. I get up at 7 and get them breakfast and then we start school at 8. The only free time I get is the 2 hours I make them nap after lunch and that only is sometimes because my 7 year old is usually down about 10 times even with a book before it is time to get up.
  • kmath
    by kmath
    September 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Depends on the day and when he went to bed the night before.  Sometimes he is up at 6:30 and sometimes he sleeps in till 10.  We try to get started around 9:30 or 10am but I am NOT a morning person and he is only a semi morning person.

• marrionsmommy
    September 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    Quoting usmom3:

We have a very different schedule then most. Hubby dose not have to be at work until Noon & is not home until 10:30PM. So we don't get up for the day before 10:00AM, I do not wake the children up, they get up when they wake up on their own any where from before I get up to as late as 1:00PM. Our bedtime is not until Midnight & that is just what time everyone goes to their rooms to read or do things quietly. Some nights they stay up later reading or playing quietly.

This is us except dh works at 4pm and gets home at 2..so ds bedtime is 1030 but usually closer to 11pm. He wakes up around 1030-11 . Gets breakfast, dressed and watches tv till 1130- noon when dh and I are up. Now that im watching a friends daughter Tuesdays and Thursdays we wake up at 8 am (ouch lol) so on those days we start school at 10 and are done 2 hrs earlier . I cant stand waking up at 8 though .
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Quoting marrionsmommy:

Quoting usmom3:

This is us except dh works at 4pm and gets home at 2..so ds bedtime is 1030 but usually closer to 11pm. He wakes up around 1030-11 . Gets breakfast, dressed and watches tv till 1130- noon when dh and I are up. Now that imwatching a friends daughter Tuesdays and Thursdays we wake up at 8 am (ouch lol) so on those days we start school at 10 and are done 2 hrs earlier . I cant stand waking up at 8 though .

Homeschooling is very nice for those messed up work schedules! It is nice to know I am not the only one with a wacky schedule.

• marrionsmommy
    September 4, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    Quoting usmom3:

Quoting marrionsmommy:
    Quoting usmom3:

This is us except dh works at 4pm and gets home at 2..so ds bedtime is 1030 but usually closer to 11pm. He wakes up around 1030-11 . Gets breakfast, dressed and watches tv till 1130- noon when dh and I are up. Now that imwatching a friends daughter Tuesdays and Thursdays we wake up at 8 am (ouch lol) so on those days we start school at 10 and are done 2 hrs earlier . I cant stand waking up at 8 though .

Homeschooling is very nice for those messed up work schedules! It is nice to know I am not the only one with a wacky schedule.

Yep plus dhs days off are monday and tuesday so if we wanna go do something on one of those days we can. Last tuesday we went swimming, and last monday we had a bbq. It was nice to not have to worry about a million kids at the pool and a load of kids outside trying to bum food off us and inviting themselves to our bbq lol. With dhs scedule mon and tuesday afternoons would be theonly time ds would see his dad. Now he sees him everyday and can spend as much time with him as he wants. Since hhomeschooling ds is actually gotten sooo much closer to dh then even I expected and has turned into such a daddys boy lol.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts