Homeschooling Moms

mommy4lyf
I need ideas on how to spend my son's allotment money.
September 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I decided last minute to register him to a state funded homeschool program. I already bought the complete curriculum, science kits, school supplies and etc. 

How will you spend the $2000? The computer and tablet are excluded from this allotment but I chose not to buy new computer or tablet. We don't need it right now. Maybe next  year.

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    September 4, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I've never heard of them giving out cash. Interesting!

• AllofFive19
    September 4, 2013 at 9:23 PM

That's cool, ours doesn't do that.

• mommy4lyf
    September 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I don't get the cash. The sponsor teacher asked me what else my son needs so she can help me place the order. I already bought everything that he will need for the whole year and I can't think of anything else. That's why I am asking for suggestions. 

Quoting mem82:

I've never heard of them giving out cash. Interesting!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 4, 2013 at 9:26 PM

What are you allowed to spend it on?

• mommy4lyf
    September 4, 2013 at 9:27 PM

This is my first year homeschooling and I was surprised yesterday when the teacher told me what the school district will pay for my son's education. Good thing I decided to register him intead of homeschooling him in private.

Quoting AllofFive19:

That's cool, ours doesn't do that.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    September 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM

never heard of a state funded homeschool program!

how old is son? what state is this?

• mommy4lyf
    September 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Everything that is related to his individual learning plan. Includings lessons and private tutors but we're not getting none of those.

Quoting usmom3:

What are you allowed to spend it on?

• LongBeachLiz
    September 4, 2013 at 9:29 PM
    We do homeschooling classes, art, pe, music. There is a lot you can do. We are with a charter school that gives $800/ semester for these things. I don't see cash, they pay the teacher.
  • LongBeachLiz
    September 4, 2013 at 9:31 PM
    Charter schools in my area do this. They are state licensed and the money that goes to per child is "given" to the parent to use for educational needs.

Quoting oredeb:

• mommy4lyf
    September 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Really? my son is 11 year old with autism and I pulled him out from public school this year. We're in Alaska. We have a lot of choices here- I just found out about that too =)

They will pay up to $50 for internet too.  

Quoting oredeb:

Homeschooling Moms