Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KrissyKC
I don't need coffee today, I need a sound proof box so I can just go vent.
September 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I love my husband, but he's clueless and not much help.

I love my kids, but I'm pretty sure that they've been replaced by alien pod people.   Aliens that are specifically wildly insane.

I tell my older kids to get out their math books and do math... I start working with the 5 yr old on questions.   She plays with a ball and starts rolling all over the place and is so distracted I end up having to tell her to put the ball down.   Son, who is supposed to get his math book out, comes over to the ball and starts playing catch with himself with the same ball, I turn to focus him back on the task of getting math out and let him know playing with the ball is distracting and to go do math..   meanwhile...   

5 yr old answers the same question we've been trying to learn and say right for 5 mintues with "Sodom and Granola"... which makes the whole house break down laughing.   I have to scoot my son along AGAIN to get on his math.

Meanwhile, older daughter starts yelling across the room for help with math, interrupting.   Her father is talking back at her instead of going OVER there to discuss it.    I'm between the two, trying to get my 5 yr old to say GOMORRAH and tell her Granola is something we eat....  after the fourth time, I had to tell her to get the teacher's manual out and review it quietly to herself and stop interrupting.

The baby toddles up to me and whew... pooopie...  while trying to wipe his bottom, I'm still working on "GO MOR AH"

My neighbor's dog is even being disruptive because she is whining at our door for my dog.   Not a normal situation... but the neighbors have been fighting so much it's upsetting even the dog, so I'm tolerating it today and just sending her home.

Anyway, back on track...  

"sodom and granola."

Ok.. After about 12 minutes, I gave up and she is still saying granola.   Now, though, she thinks it's funny and is doing it on purpose.

Successful morning... huh?

Replies

• SalemWitchChild
    September 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM

lol. Perhaps start with some dancing or something in the morning? Sounds like everyone is full of energy. Maybe try to make it a game? Whoever solves a math problem gets to show us a dance move. ;)

• SarahNElijah
    September 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Haha! That will be one of those stories you end up laughing about for years though!
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    September 4, 2013 at 3:51 PM

hahahahahahhaha krissy, love hearing about your morning!!! sounds like a good morning there!

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    September 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I, personally, am never going to look at granola the same.  :)

• Ecoseem
    by Ecoseem
    September 4, 2013 at 5:13 PM

At least your story can make the rest of us giggle!  :-)

• KrissyKC
    September 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM

LOL!    That's ok ladies, it made me crack up too.   I, too, will not view granola without hearing her confident, 5 year old voice, call out loudly, "Sodom and Granola!"

I'm trying to correct it, but I'm curious to see if she will still say it when they go to their Bible Quiz meets this year!   It would be priceless to see the judges try to keep a straight face.

• KrissyKC
    September 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM

We actually started outside for a bit... little fresh air and movement.    

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

lol. Perhaps start with some dancing or something in the morning? Sounds like everyone is full of energy. Maybe try to make it a game? Whoever solves a math problem gets to show us a dance move. ;)

• debramommyof4
    September 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Sounds like a crazy morning.  We flipped our schedule today.  I had the older kids teach thier baby brother and sister about the letter B and they watched word world while I was a horrible Mommy and went back to sleep because my back hurt all night and now my throat hurts so we are having a very slow day.  The kids are doing thier chores now and will do school work while I cook something for dinner.  So if it makes you feel better you go more accomplished than me. 

Hopefully I can sleep tonight and we can be on schedule for our visit to the library.

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM

LOL, sorry but that is too funny.  Some days you just gotta laugh or you will strangle someone.  :)  Hopefully tomorrow is better!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN