Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
motheroffour186
childcare
September 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Does anyone do childcare while they home school??

Replies

• hipmomto3
    September 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Heavens no. :) 

I have thought about it from time to time, and been asked a few times to babysit on a regular basis for people, but I just can't. Some days it's just all I can do to take care of my own kids. Maybe if my own were very young - preschool or early elementary - or I only had one or two children - I could do it.

• BlessedMoments
    September 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    Absolutely not! I could never get everything done with my own kids if I had others to take care of, too! Mine keep me busy enough! Lol!
  • kirbymom
    September 3, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    I used to but not anymore.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    September 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Nope, we have a very odd schedule so taking care of other peoples children would not work for us.

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM

My job is to take care of a kid with CP before and after school (his school), I also watch his siblings.  DS and I do as much school as possible while the others are in school and we do science with them because they enjoy it as well. 

• ablackdolphin
    September 3, 2013 at 11:13 PM
    Not for homeschool but I have had a 14yr old mithers helper come over to entertain kids while I get house stuff done like baby books or organizing etc
  • irvinehiker
    September 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I do on a occasion when a friend needs a hand but nothing regular.

• Pukalani79
    September 4, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I used to, and I couldn't do both. 

• KrissyKC
    September 4, 2013 at 1:02 AM

you have two of these posts... I just replied on the other with some info.

• No_Difference
    September 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Last year I watched my neighbor's daughter almost everyday after school. After that experience - never again will I watch others' kids while we're doing school. You'd think after PS I should be fine, but no. We would still be trying to finish up, but I had to go pick her up, and attempt to pick up from where we left off, get her to do her homework which she constantly lied about... It was awful. This year, it will be a once in a blue moon, only if her new sitter backs  out sort of thing.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts