Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
gummibear
what do you do...
September 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM

What do you do on days when your child (ren). Just don't want to work. My dd today was on Time 4 learning and decided she didn't know how to do something she has done a billion times. Ugh it drives me nuts and I don't know how to deal with it. Should I punish her or just ignore it

Replies

• KrissyKC
    September 4, 2013 at 3:23 AM

She tried it for a month and didn't like it after the first week.   She was bored with it.   Time4learning works for her, but probably because she can do the playground (games and things) and she used to play them off her big siblings accounts last year.

Quoting gummibear:

Have you tryed abcmouse.com my 5yr old loves it for Kindergarten. It is only 7.95 a month.

Quoting KrissyKC:

It's a big help THIS year, too, because my Kindergarten child is uh... well.. she is a challenge to teach.   However, she can actually pay attention to the computer.   So, I work with her for about an hour... then let her do T4L while I work with the others.   I don't NEED her to complete it, to do it in any order, to score anything at all.   It's strictly for her to do and learn from.   I'm pretty hands off with it, and it helps because everything with my dear oppositional child is always a battle.

• gummibear
    September 4, 2013 at 3:32 AM

I haven't looked at the playgroung on T4L, I will have to check it out it may help my 9yr like it better

Quoting KrissyKC:

She tried it for a month and didn't like it after the first week.   She was bored with it.   Time4learning works for her, but probably because she can do the playground (games and things) and she used to play them off her big siblings accounts last year.

Quoting gummibear:

Have you tryed abcmouse.com my 5yr old loves it for Kindergarten. It is only 7.95 a month.

Quoting KrissyKC:

It's a big help THIS year, too, because my Kindergarten child is uh... well.. she is a challenge to teach.   However, she can actually pay attention to the computer.   So, I work with her for about an hour... then let her do T4L while I work with the others.   I don't NEED her to complete it, to do it in any order, to score anything at all.   It's strictly for her to do and learn from.   I'm pretty hands off with it, and it helps because everything with my dear oppositional child is always a battle.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    September 4, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    Sounds like you need to figure out her learning style. Maybe T4L isn't a good fit for her.
  • motheroffour186
    September 4, 2013 at 10:16 PM
    That is the days I find games for that topics like bingo number muchers. We watch leap frog.movies. we went to library rented grade group games. Something to get the interested again. Bepend on the grade level.

Quoting gummibear:

What do you do on days when your child (ren). Just don't want to work. My dd today was on Time 4 learning and decided she didn't know how to do something she has done a billion times. Ugh it drives me nuts and I don't know how to deal with it. Should I punish her or just ignore it

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts