Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
TJandKarasMom
Our First Day! (pic heavy!)
September 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM

We weren't going to start until tomorrow, but it was a rainy day and I didn't have to work and we had no other plans, so we just jumped in :)  We worked from about 9-1:30 with a lunch break and some other short breaks.  Then the kids played for a bit, then we went to Barnes and Nobles to turn in their summer reading logs and they each got a free book :) 

We got Chinese takeout for dinner on our way home.  They told Dad about their day and then watched a movie for a bit and now they are sound asleep.  It was a pretty good day.  I realized I do have some work to do with DS11 and trying to make him take me seriously, and to not freak out when I ask him to do something horrible (like write ONE paragraph)!

Here are some pictures of our day :)  (please don't judge the decor-we live with my MIL, lol..our tastes are very different!)

This was actually yesterday, "just for fun"...little do they know how much they were learning ;)

Spelling

Typing

Math

History

Writing (which was soooo horrible)

Critical Thinking (learning how to do Sudoku, but with pictures) She actually enjoyed it much more than it looks like she did int his picture!

There was more too, I just didn't get pictures of every single thing! And they both did all of the subjects, except DS also did some computer coding.

I can't believe how easy it was to completely overtake the dining room table with our school stuff.  I didn't realize how much we would spread out, even when I tried to keep the books we weren't using in another spot...lol

Also, having the school bookshelf upstairs and mostly schooling downstairs is not going to work out well.  I have no idea how many times all of us went up and down the stairs today! 

It was great to finally get started and things went pretty smoothly.  My lesson planning seems to have paid off (knock on wood so that doesn't change)!

Replies

• TJandKarasMom
    September 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Oh, and I managed to finish a hat today too :)  I feel pretty accomplished today!

• MotoStar
    September 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Looks like an awesome school day! Way to go, Mama!

• Maridel
    by Maridel
    September 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Up and down the stairs can be PE :) lol Looks like a great day!

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Wow, you guys are rocking it already!  Sounds like an awesome first day!

• SarahNElijah
    September 2, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    Looks like a great first day! We started back today since it was a rainy day here as well! Mostly because we are studying lightning and electricity this month, so it worked out perfectly! :-D
  • KrissyKC
    September 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Looks like they enjoyed their rainy day school.

• irvinehiker
    September 2, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Wow!  That's awesome, jumping right in even on a holiday !!  :)

• irvinehiker
    September 2, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Beautiful pics BTW!!

• marrionsmommy
    September 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    Omg I want that hat lol
  • TJandKarasMom
    September 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Lol!  Well, I sell them, so if you really want one let me know :)

Quoting marrionsmommy:

Omg I want that hat lol

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN