Homeschooling Moms

Boobah
How was your summer?
by Boobah
September 2, 2013 at 9:03 AM
For many, school has started back. How was you summer? Did you do everything you wanted? Are you refreshed and ready to start back?

Replies

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    September 2, 2013 at 9:48 AM

It was good but I am glad it was over.  I spent 6 weeks in MT and I am so glad to be home.  I got what I needed done but not as much as I could have gotten done if spent it at home.  I missed home so much.  I don't know about refreshed but I am so ready to start back.

• mem82
    by mem82
    September 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM

It was a good summer, and shaping up to be a good Fall. I'm feeling pretty good about the upcoming school year. 8)

• kmath
    by kmath
    September 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM

It was a pretty good summer.  We got to do a lot of stuff and explore more than normal.  Now it is back to normal, but we are still having fun.

• SuperMommy408
    September 2, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    It was ok. We don't officially start back until September 30. We're reviewing until then. We didn't do a lot, that we wanted to do in the summer, my hubby has another week vacation left, we're going to go somewhere that the girls will enjoy. I'm not sure where yet.
  • blueyedbaker
    September 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Weather wise we didn't have a great summer. I know there was a lot of things we didn't get to do because of the rain.  I really don't feel like it's time to start back up again. I wish we had another month of summer then maybe I'd feel refreshed and ready. We also had so many things packed into the nice days/weekends that I don't feel like we ever had a moment to relax. I really hope our Fall is more relaxed with less stuff to do...so far it looks that way.

One good thing is that I do have all the lessons ready to start I just don't feel ready to start!

• KrissyKC
    September 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Last year, we were itching to get back to work.   This year... not so much.   I'm hoping I can dig down into my reserves and get us pumped up again.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    September 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM

still waiting to start here so i guess summer isnt over for us!

• amanda.lyn
    September 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM
    I'm sad it's over... I love summer! But I love the peace of the fall too.
  • Knightquester
    September 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM

How was you summer? Too short

Did you do everything you wanted? Not really, I guess our summer bucket list was too long

Are you refreshed and ready to start back? No, but we've been back for a good couple of weeks and hopefully *knock on wood* we'll feel more "ready" as time goes on.

• coala
    by coala
    September 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM

It's not technically over yet.  We don't officially start until January.  I have them working though so that we don't lose a lot of stuff...like handwritting and reading comprehension.  We didn't do nearly enough in my opinion.  I wanted to get to the pool more often and to the park, but dang it is hot here.

Homeschooling Moms