Homeschooling Moms

funmom111
Does anyone know how many of the top C.E.O's were homeschooled?
August 31, 2013 at 5:48 PM

?

Replies

• tnt-manda
    August 31, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    Interesting. I have no idea though. Going to see what I can find. heres a bump for now.
  • MotoStar
    August 31, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • KrissyKC
    August 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM

That's a neat website, I'm thinking though, that it's not an accurate example because some of those listed were home educated because that was the "norm" back then... LOL!

• MotoStar
    August 31, 2013 at 6:09 PM

True, Krissy!

Although, even though it was the "norm", it is still home schooled. ;)

• tnt-manda
    August 31, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    That link is awesome! Talk about motivation.
  • AutymsMommy
    August 31, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Lol @ at the Moffats being described as "the Canadian version of Hanson".

• hipmomto3
    August 31, 2013 at 8:58 PM

That website is extremely inaccurate. For example, I just read a biography of CS Lewis. He most definitely attended conventional school - even boarding school for a time.

Abraham Lincoln also attended school for a year, and while he wasn't in school, it was due more to a need to have him helping at home, than 'schooling' him elsewhere. When his father remarried, he was happy that his stepmother brought with her many books, as he was an avid reader and was mainly self-taught.

FDR had a private tutor as a child, then when he was old enough, attended boarding school.

Sandra Day O'Connor's wikipedia page plainly states she attended public school and a school for girls.

Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson, I will concede. :)

• Knightquester
    August 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I don't know, but really who goes around once they hit adulthood talking about how they were schooled as children.  Sure, adults (professional and successful or not) might talk about which colleges they went to, or their college degrees but I don't know very many that would announce and talk about the way they were schooled prior to college.

• celticdragon77
    August 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Exactly!

Quoting Knightquester:

I don't know, but really who goes around once they hit adulthood talking about how they were schooled as children.  Sure, adults (professional and successful or not) might talk about which colleges they went to, or their college degrees but I don't know very many that would announce and talk about the way they were schooled prior to college.

• celticdragon77
    August 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Is your child curious about this or something?

I don't consider anyone as "homeschooled" unless they lived during the Information Age of history. 

Athletes and celebrities are usually "homeschooled" or tutored, for obvious reasons. 

Only 1% of the population homeschools. That isn't many. Then consider that most are doing it either for the above reasons or religious reasons, and the numbers get even smaller. 

Homeschooling Moms