Homeschooling Moms

funmom111
Has your child ever gotten out of their carseat while you were driving?
August 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM

My neice who is 3 about gave me a heartattack. We were driving down the road and all the sudden I see her standing. I will probably get bashed I pulled over and tore her little hiney up. 

Replies

• mommy4lyf
    August 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Oh yeah! when he was between 3-5 year old. That's why my mom always sits next to him when we go out or when I drop him off to school.
  • NewInChrist
    August 31, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    Yes! He was 18 months old and I was at a stop light, turned around abd there he was!
    I put my flashers on, put the car in park and buckled him back in.
  • ambertreas76
    August 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM

My daughter did that when she was 3.  I still have no idea how she got out of that harness.  She just stood there laughing.  Scared the living crap out of me!!!  She got in lots of trouble.  Never did it again. The big fun thing to do now is, when we're getting home and I get to the bottom of the driveway, both of my kids (4 and 5) pop out of their seats and hold onto the back of the driver and passenger seat.  They know good and well not to do anything like that when we are actually driving!

• SusanTheWriter
    August 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Gosh, yes! When he was about 2yo, I had DS all buckled in and we were heading on base to do some shopping. He was in the seat and we pulled into the gate where the guard says, "Umm, ma'am? Did you know your son is unbuckled?"

I had to pull into the visitor's section to buckle him back in and he got fussed at, but good! We got lucky because she didn't report us or give me a ticket. I think it must have been pretty obvious that it wasn't sheer neglect, but a Houdini child!

• TJandKarasMom
    August 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    Neither of my kids ever got out of their carseats! But I have known plenty of kids that have. I was just lucky I guess, lol.
  • Leissaintexas
    August 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    My youngest did that nearly every single time we went anywhere. A 10 minute drive to my parents house began taking me nearly 45 minutes because id have to stop the car and rebuckle him. He started that at about 10-12 months old and didn't stop till nearly age 2. It did not matter how much I spanked, he still did it. Anytime my dh was around to drive, I would sit in the back and have to use my arms across his body to hold him down in his seat while he screamed and fought to get out of his car seat. We ended every ride with me and him both in tears. He'll be eleven next week and he's still strong willed.
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I think all of mine did that at least once!

• AutymsMommy
    August 31, 2013 at 5:37 PM

There you go talking about hitting a child not your own again. *sigh*

Why do you even need to mention that in a homeschooling group? You can't just say that you pulled over and she got in trouble?

I digress.

The only time mine have got out of the carseat is the one time when *I* forgot to buckle him in. I certainly didn't "tear his little hiney up" for it either.

• vintage-misha
    August 31, 2013 at 5:42 PM

This poster is a troll who only posts or comments on spanking. I'd ignore her. 

• funmom111
    August 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Wow, that is pretty hurtfull. I have written a lot of post about our welfare system, and other events that affect our lives. I have written a post about the best and worst part of being a parent. I am a pro spanking mom, but you can rest assured my daughter and neice's college education is already paid for, our daughter who is 4 scored 3 goals in a soccer game, and is considered to be gifted for her age. 

Homeschooling Moms