Homeschooling Moms

oredeb
After your kids are graduated from your homeschool ....
by oredeb
August 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM

After your kids are graduated from your homeschool what would you like for them to have learned besides academics?

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    August 30, 2013 at 3:48 PM

How to take care of themselves, a relationship, child, a house, yard and car as well as how to work hard and be a good citizen.

• coala
    by coala
    August 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I just want for them to learn how to be good decent human beings with good morals behind them.  I also want them to know how to properly care for a home, car and a yard.  Just the little things in life that will make their adult lives easier.

• kirbymom
    August 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    To have the capability and capacity to be able to live through any type of situation and to be able to think for themselves. Whether they are married or single. To know they are always learning no matter what age they are.

To know who and what they are and be proud of their heritage.
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    August 30, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I want them to be in control of their choices.  I don't want them to think life happened to them, but they happened to life.  I want them to know they're loved, that learning and making mistakes is something we do our whole lives.  And I want them to look at those more vulnerable and not see greedy opportunity or people to be disparaged, but a way for them to show their humanity and share their love.

• debramommyof4
    August 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM

How a marraige/relationship should look, how to cook, clean and care for a home (this is for my son also), how to repair thier own cars (again for my girls also), how to follow rules and just be a kind and nice person.  I prefer they do all this while being a Christian, but if not then I will live with that and love them anyway.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    August 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    Life skills - cooking, cleaning, finances, relationships
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    August 30, 2013 at 5:53 PM

It's so funny.  I WANT my kids to follow rules.  I do.  And yet, I know that people who take risks, who question rules and such change the world.  I want that.  I don't want to have to deal with that.  I think that's the definition of crazy....wanting one thing and fully expecting the other?

Quoting debramommyof4:

How a marraige/relationship should look, how to cook, clean and care for a home (this is for my son also), how to repair thier own cars (again for my girls also), how to follow rules and just be a kind and nice person.  I prefer they do all this while being a Christian, but if not then I will live with that and love them anyway.

• debramommyof4
    August 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I do really want them to follow rules, but I also forgot to mention, I want them to know thier rights and what they are entitled to as humans and not be afraid to stand up for them.

Quoting hwblyf:

It's so funny.  I WANT my kids to follow rules.  I do.  And yet, I know that people who take risks, who question rules and such change the world.  I want that.  I don't want to have to deal with that.  I think that's the definition of crazy....wanting one thing and fully expecting the other?

Quoting debramommyof4:

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    August 30, 2013 at 6:01 PM

And so in all of that is knowing that rules are guidelines and our humanity can't be brushed aside for a black and white.  I knew so much before I had my son.  And now I know so much, but such different things.  And among the things I've learned is that not all rules should be applied evenly, that some people require more help complying with rules, and that those who follow rules all the time and are "good" kids are sometimes really just complacent.  That said, I want my kids to follow the frickin' rules sometimes!!!!  :)

Quoting debramommyof4:

I do really want them to follow rules, but I also forgot to mention, I want them to know thier rights and what they are entitled to as humans and not be afraid to stand up for them.

Quoting hwblyf:

Quoting debramommyof4:

• TJandKarasMom
    August 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Mostly what everyone else wants, kids with good character and morals, adults that can support and take care of themselves and a family, adults willing to work hard and know that they are not entitled to everything.  I hope that they will have faith.  I want them to love and be loved.  Oh and I want them to have some common sense!

Homeschooling Moms