Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
8-29-13 *Thought for the Day*
August 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM

“Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. ”

― Pete Seeger

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    August 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I love Pete Seeger!  Do you have his kids' books?   Abiyoyo and Abiyoyo Returns?  They are well-loved in our house.

• kirbymom
    August 29, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    Actually, I don't. But with such praise, I will have to go look them up and see for myself now. lol.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I love Pete Seeger!  Do you have his kids' books?   Abiyoyo and Abiyoyo Returns?  They are well-loved in our house.

• kirbymom
    August 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    Okay, I admit it. I'm an info junkie. I just can't help myself. Heres another tidbit....

“It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it.”

― Jacob Bronowski
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM

That is another good one!

• kirbymom
    August 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    You think so? I often wonder. :)

Quoting usmom3:

• bluerooffarm
    August 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quoting kirbymom:

Okay, I admit it. I'm an info junkie. I just can't help myself. Heres another tidbit....

“It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it.”

― Jacob Bronowski

Oh, Oh, Oh I like this one!!!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 29, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Sure have you ever not read the fine print & then learned the hard way that you got screwed? You experienced what would happen if you don't read the fine print!

Quoting kirbymom:

You think so? I often wonder. :)

Quoting usmom3:

• kirbymom
    August 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    Hahahaha
    I saw that one earlier! Soo true!

Quoting usmom3:

Sure have you ever not read the fine print & then learned the hard way that you got screwed? You experienced what would happen if you don't read the fine print!

Quoting kirbymom:You think so? I often wonder. :)
    Quoting usmom3:

• kirbymom
    August 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom:Okay, I admit it. I'm an info junkie. I just can't help myself. Heres another tidbit....“It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it.” ― Jacob Bronowski

LOL
    This reminds of Horshack on Welcome back Kotter! He was always raising his arm and saying oh oh oh. hahahaha
  • bluerooffarm
    August 29, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kirbymom:Okay, I admit it. I'm an info junkie. I just can't help myself. Heres another tidbit....“It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is known, but to question it.” ― Jacob Bronowski

LOL
    This reminds of Horshack on Welcome back Kotter! He was always raising his arm and saying oh oh oh. hahahaha

Hahahaha!  You just dated yourself, girl!  ;-D

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts