Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
ablackdolphin
Really want to make her VERY first day special...but how?
August 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM
DD is almost 4 and we're starting homeschooling on Tuesday of next week. I have things planned like writing, reading, math and science etc and she is super excited about school...but how can I make it extra special for her. She wanted to get a backpack the other day...and I might get one for her..although she doesn't really need it. I was also thinking about doing something like donuts for breakfast or something fun...having her dress up and take pictures..but what else? I just want her to have a good memory of her very first day of school.

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    August 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Make pizzas or cookies together?

Take her to the zoo?

• marrionsmommy
    August 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    Try including her favorite thing in the entire day. My son started 2 weeks ago and he is still telling everyone about our Minecraft homeschool. When my son was 4 we did school at the park alot, I brought a roll of tape and stuck signs to the slide etc. For him to read, I alse did skip counting on the monkeybars. Hopscotch for number counting etc.Last yr our first day was a not back to school day and I took him to chuckie cheese then th e movies, he loved it and I liked going when it wasnt crowded, plus side I met a few homeschool kids doing the same lol. Anything personolized goes over well af 4 so maybe let her decorate her own supplies for her desk, draw on her folder for the year etc. Good luck
  • KrissyKC
    August 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Back packs REALLY come in handy.   I love having backpacks and can not have too many (although, I have four kids)...  I have two heavy duty ones with wheels that we take to the library.   Believe it or not, we stuff them full and usually have to carry a few books seperately or stuff them in the diaper bag.

Instead of donuts, have a "big" breakfast with eggs, veggies, fruits, etc... load up on protien and vitamins.   Then, later, have cooking class and bake some cookies (from scratch if you can, they love cracking eggs and all that!)

• KrissyKC
    August 28, 2013 at 10:02 PM

oh, and take her to the preschool story time at the library.  It's alwasy fun!   

• ablackdolphin
    August 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Thanks ladies!!!

• julesjerry
    August 29, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Dress nicely, special dinner with treat, new pencil with pencil box along with back pack. take pictures with saying " MY FIRST DAY SCHOOL, 2013"

I just wrote this in paper and have her hold it when she is ready  and take picture.

• kirbymom
    August 29, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    Hi :)

You might try having a special spot planned for lunch with something she gets to pick out. And I would defensively buy that back pack and use it to put her stuff in. Just treating the whole day like a VIP will make her feel special and always remember for years to come. :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts