Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
Do you have your first field trip planned?
August 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Do you have your first field trip planned for this year yet or do you just play it by ear?

I am looking into a couple of things and would love ideas or just what everyone else is doing.

Replies

• JadeTigr7
    August 27, 2013 at 2:30 PM

We already had our first field trip.  A local state park was having a demonstration on birds of prey.

• FootballFan12
    August 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM

OH something like that would be so interesting.

Quoting JadeTigr7:

We already had our first field trip.  A local state park was having a demonstration on birds of prey.

• kirbymom
    August 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Well, since we just moved, we are still in the planning stages yet.
  • ambertreas76
    August 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Tomorrow is the 'working farm' field trip. :)

• mom2jasper
    August 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM

That depends... How can I make Disney World a learning experience for a 2 year old?

• bluerooffarm
    August 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM

When we went to Va Beach we visited the turtle reserve down there.  The ranger was shocked by my youngest.  She was explaining an exhibit to my oldest when my youngest said that if you lined up the border colors the light would go on and then read it left to right and it would tell the problem and the solution.  She hadn't noticed the light or the borders!  LOL  I thought it ws hilarious!

Sept 3rd we are going to an apple orchard to pick.

On Sept. 5th we are going to the Farmer's and Threshermen's Jubilee!  Woohoo!  The boys are signed up to toss the hay and to demonstrate the beater bar threshing.  And we're going to watch the old steam ciderpress.

Sept. 17th (Constitution Day) we are visiting a local one room schoolhouse.

Sept. 19th (if the weather is good) we are visiting a local fort for Hatchet Throing and Muzzleloader demonstrations.

Sept. 25th we are doing the last (and closest) caves.

• JKronrod
    August 27, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Not only planned but completed.  We went to a museum that has a display of Egyptian artifacts -- including three mummies. 

• luvcats406
    August 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM

On Sept. 11, we are going to a house from the 18th century.  The kids will be learning what kids did in the 18th century.  There are 30 homeschoolers going!

• Chasing3
    August 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Tomorrow is our first day of school. I''ve already signed ds up for an 8 week (wednesdays) ecology class which is all outdoors at a nearby Audobon Nature Conservation land. And for the first day of school, after getting our math and reading done, we are going to play tennis!

• jwhit8791
    August 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Our first one with the co-op is coming up and I was all excited about it.  Was going to the Jiffy factory......about 2 hours away.  Then I found out that they will only allow kindy and up........which leaves my 2 and 4 YO out.  BOO!  I love factory tours so bummed about missing this one. :(

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts