Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
S/O What sets your mood?
August 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM

What sets your mood for the day?

For instance if your kids wake up cranky, are they cranky the rest of the day and in turn make you cranky?

Or Vise versa, if they jump right out of bed in a good mood?

Replies

• bluerooffarm
    August 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I think there are a load of factors that make up my mood.  If my hubby is cranky first thing, I have a hard time getting over that and on the right foot.  My kids can often be turned around and so do not affect my mood nearly as much because I know how to turn it around.  But if they jump right up and get going, I am in a better mood than I would be otherwise.

Plus amount of sleep, shower, did I get my coffee before the kids woke up.  Oh and if I burn breakfast all bets are off, I should just get back in bed!  LOL

• kirbymom
    August 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    Basically, this!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I think there are a load of factors that make up my mood.  If my hubby is cranky first thing, I have a hard time getting over that and on the right foot.  My kids can often be turned around and so do not affect my mood nearly as much because I know how to turn it around.  But if they jump right up and get going, I am in a better mood than I would be otherwise.

Plus amount of sleep, shower, did I get my coffee before the kids woke up.  Oh and if I burn breakfast all bets are off, I should just get back in bed!  LOL

• paganbaby
    August 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM

My son's mood is a big factor. If he's in one of his moods it makes it difficult to get anything and in turn makes me irritable.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

We all definitely feed off of each others moods around here. So it takes great effort to keep from being dragged down with others bad mood.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    August 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM

nope no crankiness allowed, i tell them to go back to bed and get up again and dont bring that crankiness with them, it works, we also pray before we do any school work for our day and talk about it, that usually takes care of it

dh sets the morning good, hes always singing when he gets up,

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    August 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    My attitude sets my mood. I cannot control others or circumstances but I can control how I react to it. I tell my children that attitude is everything. We can blame our mood on almost anything but in fact it is mostly about attitude

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN