Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Channell07
Planning
August 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Hey, all! It has been awhile since I have been on here but tomorrow we are starting back up for the year and I am having a hard time deciding how I want to plan. We all know that things change daily and I am a bit OCD.. I don't like the thought of writing in my planner in pen and then the days plan changing drastically or writing in pencil and it smearing! So weird, I know!! :D How do you guys do it? I am thinking of sticking a post it with the whole WEEK's goals rather than planning day by day so if things change it doesn't make me a crazy person. (ok so reading this I sound like an absolute nut but I promise I'm not =D)

Replies

• kirbymom
    August 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    Ha! I can't seem to get a grip on it myself! Lol
    So, I fly by the seat of my pants. But I do try to plan. Just never seems to work right though. :)
  • Channell07
    August 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Well, last year it didn't really work for me either.  At the end of the year we went from 4 days to 3.  I figured it was ok since they are so young and we still got in the major stuff (the three Rs) but I am HOPING my planning goes a tad better this year. lol

• KrissyKC
    August 26, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I would make a plan on scratch paper and then write it down as it gets done if I were that... uh... concerned... :)  *sweet smile*

• marrionsmommy
    August 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM
    Quoting Channell07:

Well, last year it didn't really work for me either.  At the end of the year we went from 4 days to 3.  I figured it was ok since they are so young and we still got in the major stuff (the three Rs) but I am HOPING my planning goes a tad better this year. lol

I did the same last year towards the end we did 3 days and then ended almost a month early. We did do a mini summer school to make up for the break early. He wa in kinder last year so I knew it wasnt too serious. Now we r in 1st so im buckling down harder this year Although im bitting my nails off while im doing it lol.
  • debramommyof4
    August 26, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    I use Donna Young's weekly planner. I get the one I can type in for my older two (ages 6 and 7). And a 2 child planner for my younger 2.

I plan a week on Sunday night. We work to get it done by Friday at noon.

If anything is unfinished, and the kids were not working, then they have to work Saturday on their own.

If they worked hard I roll it over to the next week.
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    August 26, 2013 at 4:30 AM
    I do everything in excel so it is easy to edit and change as life happens.
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    August 26, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    I use a white board and each of us write our own daily goals. We always pick 7 goals. That is the extent of my planning. My only lessons that I write down are classes I teach for co-op. I have a plan but it is very flexible. We are mostly child led so that makes things a lot more simple.
  • ablackdolphin
    August 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM
    I got a planner at lakeshore learning store. I am writing in pencil. I then have a notebook for what we actually did.
  • bluerooffarm
    August 26, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Our planner is for what we plan to do for the day.  I write in it each day everything I plan to cover with them.  At the end of the day I write what we actually did in their portfolio and write what we plan to do tomorrow in the planner.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    August 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM

i use a notebook every fri or sat. and plan for the week ahead with a pencil!

(you can always tear it out if you want to start over or get to many eraser marks on it!)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts