Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Channell07
Planning
August 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Hey, all! It has been awhile since I have been on here but tomorrow we are starting back up for the year and I am having a hard time deciding how I want to plan. We all know that things change daily and I am a bit OCD.. I don't like the thought of writing in my planner in pen and then the days plan changing drastically or writing in pencil and it smearing! So weird, I know!! :D How do you guys do it? I am thinking of sticking a post it with the whole WEEK's goals rather than planning day by day so if things change it doesn't make me a crazy person. (ok so reading this I sound like an absolute nut but I promise I'm not =D)

Replies

• kmath
    by kmath
    August 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I use excel spreadsheets and try to plan at least a week at a time.  That way if anything changes I can just go in and make the corrections.  Works well for us.

• paganbaby
    August 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM

This,lol.

Quoting KrissyKC:

I would make a plan on scratch paper and then write it down as it gets done if I were that... uh... concerned... :)  *sweet smile*

• paganbaby
    August 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I usually write down what we do after the fact. It's easier that way.

• TJandKarasMom
    August 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I am new to this...but I have a teacher planner that I just had (because my intention was to be a classroom teacher...) so I kind of divvied that up between my two kids-with together subjects in the middle.  And I wrote in pencil.  Then I think I will check it off in pen or highlight it when it is done.  I am also writing it for the kids for daily lists for them, then they can check/cross it off as they do it. 

I really have no idea.  I know I have already erased and rewritten like 4-5 times to organize all the subjects and  fit both kids and all subjects on the two page weekly spread.  I also like Donna Young's planners, and if it got too messy you could just print a new page and rewrite it.

• Mommy2Phenley
    August 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I used excel to make up my weekly planner. For skill subjects, I leave each space mostly open. If we always do the same thing, for example HWT, I added that but with extra room for detail. I'm not filling these sections out ahead of time. They are all do the next thing. So they will get filled in after the fact for record.

Content areas I'm planning in a separate planner five lessons each (so roughly five weeks worth) ahead of time, but not dated. My planner is labeled "day 1, day 2" not "Monday, Tuesday " so we're not behind if we miss a day.

So I move over the content plans from my advance schedule to my "week" schedule. Then we do day 1, then day 2,.... Regardless of the day of the week.

I would like for it to follow the week as closely as possible. So I'm thinking of making critical thinking a daily subject and leaving day 5 open. Then I can use day 5 to catch up on any days we missed. If nothing was missed, we just have a shorter day and do only skill subjects. I'm still ironing that part out. I'll try it a few ways and see what works.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts