Homeschooling Moms

marrionsmommy
Minecraft homeschool week...
August 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM
So for our first week back of the official year we had a Minecraft week. On the first day we woke up and had a building breakfast (cube cheesemelon cut into squares etc). Then we did minecraft spelling words and drewmup blueprints of our house minecraft style. We also had some minecraft coloring pages, and a writing prompt. Then we build our own minecraft sword out of legos (youtube is awesome, he has been begging me for a sword from gamestop for 20 bucks, we build it free and in his words so much cooler lol). We then did a minecraft scramble game and had word problems, such as if you have 12 creepers and 10 zombies coming at you how many enemies are there in all? We had a minecraft lunch of course , with brocolli for trees and a build yr own taco. We went on nature walk with his new sword and he pretended to break the items we collected (as per minecraft). He then came home and did a drawing of what we collected and wrote about ourmwalk. We ended the day with a couple games of minecraft and pictures of his first day of 1st grade. The rest of the week follwed in this style (but alot less with the food lol) and we built a lot of minecraft inspired lego creations throughout the week, I think I have a budding architect. ;)

Wish I could add pics but I cant from tablet I will try later from my laptop.

How did yr week go?

Replies

• marrionsmommy
    August 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    Oh yeah next week we are on a trek through the human body and will be building our own lifesize model of my son inside and out ;)
  • kmath
    by kmath
    August 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Sounds like a very fun week!  My son would love that.  Glad you guys had a good week.

• wowguildmomma
    August 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

oh my gosh that is the most awesome awesome thing i have ever heard of. My kids love minecraft so they would have a blast with this. 

• hipmomto3
    August 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM

My kids would love this! Maybe I will have them "earn" a minecraft school day and steal all your ideas. :)

• MotoStar
    August 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

My son would flip!

I have been planning, Minecraft, Lego and Super Mario learning projects!

• debramommyof4
    August 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Sounds like lots of fun!

• kirbymom
    August 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM
    So much fun! Yay! :).
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    August 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

fun fun fun!

Homeschooling Moms