Homeschooling Moms

kirbymom
Resolutions 4 the Homeschool Mom.
August 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Need a breather? Well, look no further. Read and Enjoy. :)

A Homeschool Mom's NON-Resolutions

1. I resolve to NOT try and make my children "perfect" homeschooling examples.

2. I resolve to NOT try and prove that I am a "perfect" homeschooling parent.

3. I resolve to NOT try and compare myself to every other homeschooling parent.

4. I resolve to NOT give up on expecting the best from myself.

5. I resolve to NOT give up on my students.

6. I resolve to NOT give up on my curriculum without giving it a serious try (2 weeks may not be a serious try - only you can determine what that is!)

7. I resolve to NOT get discouraged when I have bad days, but to call someone on the phone who may encourage me in some way (prayer, a cup of coffee, or just saying "it's okay"!).

8. I resolve to NOT forget to plug into a support group for my support and theirs!

9. I resolve to NOT forget that all Teachers get Teacher Work Days for a reason. You have control over yours. Take them!

10. I resolve to NOT make unbelievable and unacceptable New Year's Resolutions. ~from the "Homeschooler's Notebook"

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    That was good!
  • kmath
    by kmath
    August 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Nice, I like them.

• kirbymom
    August 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    I know! When I came across this, I just knew I had to share. Lol
    Thanks, btw. :))

Quoting usmom3:

That was good!

• hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    August 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Thank you for those!

• kirbymom
    August 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    Lol - You're welcome. :)

Quoting hwblyf:

Thank you for those!

• bluerooffarm
    August 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I like those.  But number 6 just isn't for me.  I'll kick a curriculum to the curb as soon as I think it isn't working for us.  I've stayed with the wrong thing for too long in the past.  Know when to let go.

• kirbymom
    August 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    Number 6 gets me from both sides. I have waited too long and I have not waited long enough. lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I like those.  But number 6 just isn't for me.  I'll kick a curriculum to the curb as soon as I think it isn't working for us.  I've stayed with the wrong thing for too long in the past.  Know when to let go.

• bluerooffarm
    August 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

LOL, yeah I can see it biting me both ways too.  I think we all need to repeat some of those to ourselves.  Often.  :-) 

Quoting kirbymom:

Number 6 gets me from both sides. I have waited too long and I have not waited long enough. lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

• ablackdolphin
    August 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Love!

• mommy4lyf
    August 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Good one!

Homeschooling Moms