Homeschooling Moms

oredeb
cps, shots, obamacare?
by oredeb
August 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

found this on another homeschool site and a couple of other places, anyone else seen it? what do you think???

"a lady was contacted by the cps, they told her because of obamacare that she had to get her kids shots updated, and they also told her they had a list of homeschoolers in the united states and have a right to go into their homes if they dont get shots.

another lady called their local clinc and they said it wasnt true yet."

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    August 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    Whaaat? That's insane. I'd like to hope it isn't true. We don't vax. If it is true, we will stop notifying the district, and move.
  • snowangel1979
    August 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    It's not true (yet)

You still have the constitutional right to not let anyone in your home. CPS is not above the law and you don't have to let them in your home, even though they won't tell you that you can say no.

If your state has exceptions, As a homeschooler you have the right to use them. If a public school child can use an exemption, why can't a homeschooler. No one can make you do anything. I'm pretty sure they don't have a list, maybe the state does. (but who knows) I highly doubt It's only a list of non-vaxing homeschooler though. It's probably her insurance that called or health department using fear and it just became a game of Chinese telephone.

It's about knowing your rights and making sure you done waive them.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    August 23, 2013 at 11:28 AM
    It's not true. I've had an emergency room dr call cps because I don't vax and they laughed and told him the same thing I had just told him...that I had the right. Know where you stand and beware of fear tactics.
  • Leissaintexas
    August 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Well, since some states, like Texas, don't have any notification requirements and we aren't registered anywhere, where would they get this list of homeschoolers? THere will be many more urban legends about Obamacare before its all said and done, so anything I hear will be taken with a grain of salt.  Sadly, the general public is completely unaware of their rights and that means they can quietly be taken without our notice. Why do you think some states have you jump through hoops to homeschool in the first place? 

• KrissyKC
    August 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

They have no right to come into your home without either a warrant.   Even cops can only come in if they need to for emergencies (like they hear you beating your kid to death from the front door, they can break in without a warrant.)   Otherwise, you have every right to deny them admittance.   Shots or no shots.

Now, you can be turned in by your doc and CPS can open a case and investigate, but they still need a warrant unless you ALLOW them in.

• romacox
    by romacox
    August 23, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Ben Swann is a very credible reporter.  By the way, he was home schooled.  Here is what he reported  about this   Obama-care Provision Forced Home Inspections. 

P.S. In his article, he gives a link to the Health And Human Resources website where you can confirm the accuracy of what he is reporting. 

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM

More then likely the censuses. when they did it the last time it had a question on there about the children living in the house & what form of education where they receiving, homeschooling was one of the options to chose from.

Quoting Leissaintexas:

Well, since some states, like Texas, don't have any notification requirements and we aren't registered anywhere, where would they get this list of homeschoolers? THere will be many more urban legends about Obamacare before its all said and done, so anything I hear will be taken with a grain of salt.  Sadly, the general public is completely unaware of their rights and that means they can quietly be taken without our notice. Why do you think some states have you jump through hoops to homeschool in the first place? 

• Pukalani79
    August 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I hadn't heard anything like that :(

• debramommyof4
    August 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM

That is not true, that would be against the law.

• romacox
    by romacox
    August 23, 2013 at 5:22 PM

It is against the Constitution, but it is in the health care bill.  Check the Health and Human Resources website provided in Ben Swann's report.  Obama Care Provision

Martin Luther King said," One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws", and it is not the only time in our history that we had unjust, and unconstitutional laws that have harmed people. 

True story:  Several of us are currently helping a family who's 23 year old daughter died leaving 3 small children.  The grandparents are taking care of the children, and Family Services wanted to take the children from the grandparents,  and give them to HRS, because they do not have custody papers....the father does not want the children.  The Grandparents, who receive only social security,. could not even take the kids to a homeless shelter, because they do not have custody yet. They were at times living in their car so as to be able to afford to take care of the kids

We found a lawyer  willing to work pro Bono, and the judge heard the case two days ago.  The judge apologized for how the system treated them, and commended them for staying with the kids,  He said many, under the circumstances, would have given up, and given the children to HRS.  He was glad they did not do that.  He is granting custody, but the law requires a 22 day waiting period to allow the father to contest.  So until then they have no assistance from the system whatsoever.  

The community has stepped forward to provide food, shelter and clothing until the waiting period is over.  

Homeschooling Moms