Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
S/O Facebook: what's your status?
August 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM

So another facebook spin off...lol

What is your current facebook/social media status?

Replies

• FootballFan12
    August 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Mine is ... 

"oh the places he'll go and the thinks he will think"

• mem82
    by mem82
    August 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM

"

Back to School time is always weird when you are a homeschooler. I <3 the supply sales, but the uptick in questions about homeschooling can be exhausting. Plus, tonight Missie's youth group is having a 'back to school' bash which will be fun for her except all the discussion about dealing with mean teachers and peers. She gets bored with that stuff. Then, on Sunday, the Church is going to have a blessing of backpacks. LOL I feel like I should go get my kids some backpacks to be blessed just so they aren't the only two kids there not participating. Talk about peer pressure! jk jk"
  • usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I don't normally post status updates so I can't remember the last time I posted one. I usually share things so the last thing I shared was

shared Free Your Kids's status.

We are not "anti-school". We're against government schools. Why? Because their existence is predicated on the use of force. The children are forced to attend. The local citizens are forced to pay for it.

What happens if a child doesn't attend? The parents can be fined. They can be imprisoned. Their children can even be removed from their custody. Even while homeschooling, many localities... demand certain requirements. If they aren't met, force will be used against the parents.

What happens if someone refuses to pay "their fair share", in the form of school taxes? They can be fined. The State can seize their property. They can be caged. And if all of these things are resisted by the property owner, he/she can be shot.

The gun is always there. Ultimately, if one continues to disobey, an agent of the State WILL draw a gun. That is the violence in the system. The public school system cannot exist without this threat of aggression.

Whether a system has a "good", "bad", or "neutral" outcome is irrelevant. If it's existence hinges on the threat of violence, it goes against the very ideals of a free society.
  • BrittO2
    by BrittO2
    August 16, 2013 at 6:39 PM

"Letter of Intent to Home School has been filed, the children are now officially home schooled."-from yesterday

• kmath
    by kmath
    August 16, 2013 at 6:41 PM

D is making his own documentary using his dinosaurs. It is too funny. I am going to have to record it when he gets it figured out.

• Maridel
    by Maridel
    August 16, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I'm going to actually have to get some kind of planner/date book for this year. So many dates/activities to remember

• debramommyof4
    August 16, 2013 at 6:51 PM

A thing from Target asking for people to help out my nieces school.  If you vote you can earn that school money.

• kirbymom
    August 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    I can't remember my last status. lol I don't make too many as it is either. If I do post, it us more politically vent than anything else.
  • TJandKarasMom
    August 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Mine is still the same from the other day ;)  I really don't post often.  I try not to get too sucked into it anymore!

• armygirl16
    August 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Mobile Photo

I posted this picture saying "Ryan showing Olivia how to play Mario" I can't even find my last status lol

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts