Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
armygirl16
Do you do anything special for the beginning of the year?
August 4, 2013 at 3:55 AM

This is my daughters first year of school (Kindergarten) and I took her out "school clothes" shopping on Friday.  Justice was having a pretty good sale, so we went there.  We still need to get school supplies as well...but I'm waiting until next week's paycheck to do that (don't want to shock hubby too much with all the school spending lol, even though over the past 2 weeks I have worked 22 hours of overtime).  For her first day (which I think will be next Friday as long as her curriculum arrives on time and I can prepare) I will do first day pictures and try to make the day special.  I want to start her off on a day I have off of work, which is why I am hoping it will be that Friday.  

Do you take your child school shopping at the beginning of the year? I plan on schooling year round, but will still probably make the new year more exciting by getting new things (I always loved that about school lol).  

I do still need to get some more school clothes (I can't find ANY pants that fit her) as well though.  Oh and shoes too.  :)

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    August 7, 2013 at 6:16 PM
    Can't wait for emptier playgrounds!They get SO crowded here.The little kids get ran over too much for it to be enjoyable.
    Quoting usmom3:

We don't have a first day of school because we unschool but every year we enjoy the first day the public school goes back by going to all the places we avoided during the summer because of all the crowds.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    August 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    We go to the park on our first day back.
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    August 8, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    Us too! We are hitting the zoo and museum after school starts back. Lol!!

Quoting mem82:

Can't wait for emptier playgrounds!They get SO crowded here.The little kids get ran over too much for it to be enjoyable.
    Quoting usmom3:

We don't have a first day of school because we unschool but every year we enjoy the first day the public school goes back by going to all the places we avoided during the summer because of all the crowds.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN