Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
jenelle_trader
August 10th is Teacher Day at Big Lots!
August 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I went to Big Lots today for the first time in months and found out I went the wrong weekend.  LOL!

Next Saturday is Teacher Day!  You can get 10% off your ENTIRE purchase.

Needless to say, I left the school supplies alone and plan to go back next week.  they have a lot of great stuff and sweet prices.  They even had the multi-colored drawer cart* I've been wanting for a MUCH better price than AC Moore.

*This is my first year homeschooling so I have to get all my organizational/desk/table/bookcases/storage items on top of the usual school supplies.

Replies

• TJandKarasMom
    August 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM

It's our first year too, so thanks for sharing this.  I need a bookcase.  I don't want to buy too much else yet because I always go crazy buying stuff and then it doesn't work or we don't use it.  So I'm going to wait and just keep a list going of what could make things easier for us and just buy what I know we will need/use for now.

• Angela4boys
    August 4, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Hmmm, thanks for the heads up!

• SusanTheWriter
    August 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I found good bookcases for cheap at a gargae sale. Craigslist is another good option.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

It's our first year too, so thanks for sharing this.  I need a bookcase.  I don't want to buy too much else yet because I always go crazy buying stuff and then it doesn't work or we don't use it.  So I'm going to wait and just keep a list going of what could make things easier for us and just buy what I know we will need/use for now.

• TJandKarasMom
    August 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    I had the same thoughts! I checked Craigslist last night and didn't find anything. But I'll keep looking and check garage sales, tis the season for those ;)

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I found good bookcases for cheap at a gargae sale. Craigslist is another good option.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

• Krystal.Ingalls
    August 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM

How do you get the discount?  Do you have to show some kind of proof that you are a homeschool teacher?

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN