Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
romacox
Not Sure What To Call This
by romacox
August 3, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Home School For Special Needs

What Resources are available

Special Education Provisions in all 59 States and Territories.

Chemistry And Periodic Table For Kids

Chem4Kids.com

Nova: Hunting The Elements is an excellent CD that teaches the elements and the periodic table for older children and adults.

Video: How To Make Your Own Sparklers

Home School Is Not The Classroom ...It's  better

Learn about the brain Research that proves Home Educators have been right all along. ...What Works, And What Does More Harm  When  Educating Children.

This home school mom explains how comic books helped her child. 

Age Grading Is A Bad Idea, because it is a one  size fits all approach.  Instead start where the child is at in any given subject, and advance when the child has learned that level well enough to advance to the next. 

Math For The Left And Right Brain

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    August 3, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Thanks!

• TJandKarasMom
    August 3, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    Thanks for sharing! We are doing chemistry and the periodic table this fall :)
  • SusanTheWriter
    August 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I checked out the Comic Book link and found something fun for our Shakespeare unit! Thanks, Roma!

And if I haven't told you before, I really appreciate the wealth of experience you bring to this group. I value your wisdom greatly!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    August 3, 2013 at 1:46 PM

thanks roma!!

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    August 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    Thanks!!
  • mommy4lyf
    August 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    Thanks
  • romacox
    by romacox
    August 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Thank you SusanTheWriter, you brightened my day. In fact all of you did.

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I checked out the Comic Book link and found something fun for our Shakespeare unit! Thanks, Roma!

And if I haven't told you before, I really appreciate the wealth of experience you bring to this group. I value your wisdom greatly!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    Thanks!
  • bluerooffarm
    August 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Hey, thanks!  I clicked on the Age-Grading link and now I understand why I love teaching all of the kids together.  I'm just really used to the "little red schoolhouse" method.  It helped explain why my "townie" friends do not understand how I could possible teach them altogether.  We just come at it from different backgrounds.

• romacox
    by romacox
    August 4, 2013 at 5:55 AM

I know what you mean bluerooffarm. It is really easier to teach them together.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Hey, thanks!  I clicked on the Age-Grading link and now I understand why I love teaching all of the kids together.  I'm just really used to the "little red schoolhouse" method.  It helped explain why my "townie" friends do not understand how I could possible teach them altogether.  We just come at it from different backgrounds.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN