Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Precious333
advice please.
August 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM
So before having kids i was a piano teacher/tutor, and i continued on and off while having kids. I taught my younger sister, who is.now 14. Well, when we had lessons she would teach my boys (starting at ages 4,5). Well its been a while since i have done lessons with.her or them. She is pretty independant now on the paino, and i had moved our keyboard in.our house in an area with no.plug and didnt get batteries, dh never got an.extention cord, so we pretty much took.off last year from piano lessons. However when the kids are at my moms they always want to play when she is playing, so she has beenvthe one supervising the kids on her paino. Well, this last time my son pushed the middle "C" key and it broke. My stepdad said he was playing too hard, my sister said he wasnt. So, my guess is that there.have been times they have played tok.rough, but they have never played unsupervised. Anyways, becuase their keyboard broke and mt sister plays daily i let them use ours. They are not on the position financially to buy a new one, and we cant either. Plus i cant find 100% blame for it breaking (wear and tear imo).

Well, i want to get the kids back into piano. My.middle one especially is interested and i dont want that to fade. I was thinking of starting up again, maybe in January. Problem is,.what do I do? If i take the piano back my sister doesnt have one to play on :/

Replies

• Precious333
    August 1, 2013 at 12:44 AM
    Sorry for all they typos etc. I am.horrible at typing on my phone.
  • TJandKarasMom
    August 1, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    Have you looked on Craigslist? A lot of times there are free pianos if you will move it, so if its something maybe your hubby and stepdad could do, you could get one free minus some gas money.

You could also be keeping an eye out for sales in November or December, or at yard sales. You have time to try to find a replacement for one of you in expensively.
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    August 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    I agree with Craigslist! So many people are willing to give them away just to get rid of them! But I do also agree that it wasn't your child's complete fault. How old was the piano?
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    August 1, 2013 at 9:47 AM

can you take them to your parents home to do the lessons? they might see that you need the piano back?

• Precious333
    August 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM
    I dont know, but i do know it was used a lot!

Quoting Boobah:

I agree with Craigslist! So many people are willing to give them away just to get rid of them! But I do also agree that it wasn't your child's complete fault. How old was the piano?

• Precious333
    August 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    I have three kids and am pregnant with our fourth due in august, plus other responsibilities. Plus i dont have a car everyday i highl doubt they will get the hint.

Quoting oredeb:

can you take them to your parents home to do the lessons? they might see that you need the piano back?

• Precious333
    August 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    I will look. Maybe a bday present for my sister

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Have you looked on Craigslist? A lot of times there are free pianos if you will move it, so if its something maybe your hubby and stepdad could do, you could get one free minus some gas money.

You could also be keeping an eye out for sales in November or December, or at yard sales. You have time to try to find a replacement for one of you in expensively.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM

That is a tough one. Have you looked in to seeing about fixing it, that might be cheaper then getting a new one.

• Precious333
    August 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM
    I told them to use superglue or something. Not sure if they tried it yet.

Quoting usmom3:

That is a tough one. Have you looked in to seeing about fixing it, that might be cheaper then getting a new one.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    August 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Is it an electric keyboard? I just googled it & there is alot of information on how to fix them, there are even videos showing how!

Quoting Precious333:

I told them to use superglue or something. Not sure if they tried it yet.

Quoting usmom3:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN