Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
MacMamaof5
Good Ole Auntie--RANT
July 31, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Seems the support for me home schooling is draining...feeling alone.  Confident and still ready, but alone.  My husband is not much for supporting me being that I am pregnant.  He has his doubts.  He's all for home school, but doesn't want me to feel overwhelmed.  Isn't that sweet? No, not when he keep mentioning Private School suggested by his sweet sissy that would drain us financially or going back to the ragedy public school that gave me the strength to carry on with home school.  And not to mention this sister-in-law who can't stop quizzing my son when he goes to stay with his lovely auntie and how she is putting it into hubby's head and my son's heart to be in public school when he is the one who begged to come back home.  I told him when he packed his bag that he is not a lab rat and to refuse the "tests" cause she doesn't quiz anyone else's kids and I told him to tell her he is not allowed to discuss family matters such as EDUCATION outside of the home without his parents being present.  Let's see how that goes as my son is a very obedient little boy (so far--if that changes, he won't be staying with her overnight any longer).  I just wish my husband would be the Principal he is supposed to be and the loving supportive husband he claimed he would be when we had the idea to homeschool in the first place.  But I did tell him...IF YOU WANT THEM IN SCHOOL, DO IT YOURSELF; THE PAPERWORK, THE REGISTRING, THE UPDATE ON SHOTS, THE PHYSICALS, THE PARENT/TEACHER MEETINGS, ETC.  cause I was not in agreement.  So I KNOW it's not gonna happen now.  I do EVERYTHING for these kids.  Bad attitude, I know, but I am FED UP.angryOk. Vent over.  Thanx ladies.

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM

awwwwwww i m so glad you got it out!!!

how old is your son? whens baby due? maybe you should renew/write a homeschooling contract with your husband and have him sign it! and then take it out when hes not following it through!!

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 31, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Good luck! Hopefully your SIL gets the message.

• MacMamaof5
    July 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM

A contract!  Now THAT is a fabulous idea!  Only I'd hang it up permanently so he would not have to be reminded only periodically.  My son is 8 and the baby is due December 3rd, in which I have planned the days just right so we can take the entire month of December off aside from reading and library visits/Science Center Trips that I will have dad take them to.  And sil was so ready to let him stay an extra day--the day we are supposed to start.  Good thing the first day is only going over new responsibilities and introducing new curriculum cause DH was ok with him staying the extra day.

Quoting oredeb:

awwwwwww i m so glad you got it out!!!

how old is your son? whens baby due? maybe you should renew/write a homeschooling contract with your husband and have him sign it! and then take it out when hes not following it through!!

• KickButtMama
    July 31, 2013 at 6:03 PM

EEP! I can't STAND the nosy family! Those who quiz the kids or ask when we'll put them in 'real school'. But I don't allow those people to take care of my kids overnight either. My DH thought HS was for weird kids or the super religious. But after a couple of years he bragged to everyone like it was all his idea, or like he had some hand in any of it! LOL. Being an HS parent is very isolating. You have to develop decompression techniques, I would imagine this is doubly true when preggers.

I'd just tell your DH that you feel stress when he throws out the private school idea, and the endless discussions of it are more exhausting to you than HS ever would be.

HUGS!

• MacMamaof5
    July 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Well, we let him stay over cause she's the closest to a Grandmother as he is going to get...well, an ACTIVE grandmother anyway.  My mother is far away and have no patience and dh's mother has passed away.  But today must've had a total break through cause she gave me the name of a person who gave me a message to contact her for HomeSchool resources in the area since we just moved and have little information of how to get involved in the home school community.  I am very grateful for that and relieved.  Seems she had a little chat with someone who HomeSchools who she dares not to taunt.  I'm satisfied.  

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN