I need help
July 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

What homeschooling program do you do??

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM

hi changedwomen, i dont use a homeschool program

i make up unit studies and use odds and ends of books, library, online stuff etc

what are you looking for?

how old are kids?

• Changedwomen
    July 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM

My children are 7, 5, 3, and 2months.   I dont know anything about homeschooling and I dont know how to go about it.

Quoting oredeb:

hi changedwomen, i dont use a homeschool program

i make up unit studies and use odds and ends of books, library, online stuff etc

what are you looking for?

how old are kids?

• romacox
    by romacox
    July 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM

changed woman, as a home school workshop leader,  I put together a free web page to get you started.

How To Home School

• kirbymom
    July 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    Hi :)
    I write my own curriculum. I use several resources. The library, used books, the Internet, supplies given to me by those passing along what they don't need or want anymore, which is my blessings.
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    July 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    We use a homeachool based public charter school.

This means my kids are registered in a public school however I pick all their curriculum, oversee all their lessons and give them their grades.

They have a teacher I report to who helps me choose and order curriculum but has never been pushy or dictated what we do.

It means i never pay for curriculum unless i want something religious. They don't get state credit for religion but i keep my own records for that.

They also have a Learning Center where they offer optional elective classes, art, drama, guitar, and core classes at the middle and high school levels. Each of my kids take 1-2 classes each semester just to get them out and used to direction from others than myself.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN