I need help
July 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

What homeschooling program do you do??

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 29, 2013 at 4:27 PM

hi changedwomen, i dont use a homeschool program

i make up unit studies and use odds and ends of books, library, online stuff etc

what are you looking for?

how old are kids?

• Changedwomen
    July 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM

My children are 7, 5, 3, and 2months.   I dont know anything about homeschooling and I dont know how to go about it.

Quoting oredeb:

hi changedwomen, i dont use a homeschool program

i make up unit studies and use odds and ends of books, library, online stuff etc

what are you looking for?

how old are kids?

• romacox
    by romacox
    July 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM

changed woman, as a home school workshop leader,  I put together a free web page to get you started.

How To Home School

• kirbymom
    July 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM
    Hi :)
    I write my own curriculum. I use several resources. The library, used books, the Internet, supplies given to me by those passing along what they don't need or want anymore, which is my blessings.
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    July 30, 2013 at 12:46 AM
    We use a homeachool based public charter school.

This means my kids are registered in a public school however I pick all their curriculum, oversee all their lessons and give them their grades.

They have a teacher I report to who helps me choose and order curriculum but has never been pushy or dictated what we do.

It means i never pay for curriculum unless i want something religious. They don't get state credit for religion but i keep my own records for that.

They also have a Learning Center where they offer optional elective classes, art, drama, guitar, and core classes at the middle and high school levels. Each of my kids take 1-2 classes each semester just to get them out and used to direction from others than myself.

Homeschooling Moms