July 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Do you do lesson reviews?
Which subjects?
How often?
When do you stop doing lesson reviews?

Replies

• gacgbaker
    July 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM

We have a 'review day' once a week- we go over all the stuff completed during the week- point out the good, go over the stuff they need a bit extra help with and just review.  The kids really respond well to it.

• kirbymom
    July 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    Do you find that when learning the next step that the review is more instrumental in learning or less instrumental in learning?

Quoting gacgbaker:

We have a 'review day' once a week- we go over all the stuff completed during the week- point out the good, go over the stuff they need a bit extra help with and just review.  The kids really respond well to it.

Hi!! Missed you! How's the family? :)
  • gacgbaker
    July 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Quoting kirbymom:

Do you find that when learning the next step that the review is more instrumental in learning or less instrumental in learning?

Quoting gacgbaker:

Hi!! Missed you! How's the family? :)

Missed you too!  :)  Family is good- we are expecting in December and so excited about that! 

I think it's more instrumental in learning to review- it solidifies a concept so much more, then when you move on to the next step, they have a solid base to grow on. 

• bluerooffarm
    July 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

We review after any large breaks (like the month three weeks we took off for summer).  We also review just before a test.  We will review all the first aid procedures before I mark myself all over and have them treat me.

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM

It depends. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If the kids need review we do it. I like *reviewing* with games

• kirbymom
    July 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    How do you do your review? Do you just go over the information or do you do a little but of the work?
    Quoting bluerooffarm:

We review after any large breaks (like the month three weeks we took off for summer).  We also review just before a test.  We will review all the first aid procedures before I mark myself all over and have them treat me.

• kirbymom
    July 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    What type/kind of games, may I ask?

Quoting mem82:

It depends. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If the kids need review we do it. I like *reviewing* with games

• bluerooffarm
    July 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Sometimes I just ask a few questions to see if they really have it down.  With Spanish, we play bingo.  Science, we usually play Jeopardy.  History I'll make a role playing or "questing" game with the map of the area.

Quoting kirbymom:

How do you do your review? Do you just go over the information or do you do a little but of the work?
    Quoting bluerooffarm:

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    We have been reviewing over summer - just math, occasionally ill throw in something else to see if she remembers.
  • kirbymom
    July 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    I love these ideas. Maybe you can walk me through one or two of these when we are finally settled?.? :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN