July 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Do you do lesson reviews?
Which subjects?
How often?
When do you stop doing lesson reviews?

Replies

• gacgbaker
    July 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM

We have a 'review day' once a week- we go over all the stuff completed during the week- point out the good, go over the stuff they need a bit extra help with and just review.  The kids really respond well to it.

• kirbymom
    July 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM
    Do you find that when learning the next step that the review is more instrumental in learning or less instrumental in learning?

Quoting gacgbaker:

We have a 'review day' once a week- we go over all the stuff completed during the week- point out the good, go over the stuff they need a bit extra help with and just review.  The kids really respond well to it.

Hi!! Missed you! How's the family? :)
  • gacgbaker
    July 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Quoting kirbymom:

Do you find that when learning the next step that the review is more instrumental in learning or less instrumental in learning?

Quoting gacgbaker:

Hi!! Missed you! How's the family? :)

Missed you too!  :)  Family is good- we are expecting in December and so excited about that! 

I think it's more instrumental in learning to review- it solidifies a concept so much more, then when you move on to the next step, they have a solid base to grow on. 

• bluerooffarm
    July 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

We review after any large breaks (like the month three weeks we took off for summer).  We also review just before a test.  We will review all the first aid procedures before I mark myself all over and have them treat me.

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM

It depends. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If the kids need review we do it. I like *reviewing* with games

• kirbymom
    July 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    How do you do your review? Do you just go over the information or do you do a little but of the work?
    Quoting bluerooffarm:

We review after any large breaks (like the month three weeks we took off for summer).  We also review just before a test.  We will review all the first aid procedures before I mark myself all over and have them treat me.

• kirbymom
    July 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    What type/kind of games, may I ask?

Quoting mem82:

It depends. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If the kids need review we do it. I like *reviewing* with games

• bluerooffarm
    July 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Sometimes I just ask a few questions to see if they really have it down.  With Spanish, we play bingo.  Science, we usually play Jeopardy.  History I'll make a role playing or "questing" game with the map of the area.

Quoting kirbymom:

How do you do your review? Do you just go over the information or do you do a little but of the work?
    Quoting bluerooffarm:

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    We have been reviewing over summer - just math, occasionally ill throw in something else to see if she remembers.
  • kirbymom
    July 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    I love these ideas. Maybe you can walk me through one or two of these when we are finally settled?.? :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Homeschooling Moms