Homeschooling Moms

TJandKarasMom
Drama club??
July 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
What would it take to start a drama club?

My dd loves theater and performing. There is only one drama thing for homeschoolers that I have found nearby, and that's still an hour drive and $170 for a 12 week program. I would love to help her start a group and maybe put on small skits or a bigger play once or twice a year...but I don't know where to start. I was thinking about asking a college student or even high school student if they would want to help as some kind of project with choreography or acting or singing guidance.

Am I aiming too high trying to do something like this our first year? I would just want it to be more affordable and more local for us and others, but I'm not even sure if there is an interest...

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I would start by finding out if you have enough interested homeschoolers to make it worth the effort. Once you know there is an interestthen I would find a location that is affordable. I would do everything I could to make joining the club as affordable as possible & even do fundraisers to get the money to put on a production then ask for donations at each performance & hopefully that will cover the next performance & so on.

Homeschooling Moms