Homeschooling Moms

Jinx-Troublex3
OT...Strangest birthday gift..
July 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I am watching the morning news as I go through CM and there was a funny comment...

Howie Mandel rented a fully grown elephant for his wife's birthday and had it in the back yard. It pulled a tree loose, defecated on the lawn and did 10k I'm damages to the landscaping and sprinkler system...

OMG...LOL!

What is the strangest thing you've received as a gift?

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    July 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM

To me, the giant stuff frog when I was hoping for an engagement ring was mighty strange.

Another one was a peacock feather instead of a corsage for homecoming.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    July 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    I'm still mad about this one...in high school I wanted a dog. Well, I wanted one all the time growing up so one year that was the only thing on my Christmas list....

me parents bought me a chia pet dog...it was like mocking me. I hated it and just threw it away!
  • hwblyf
    by hwblyf
    July 23, 2013 at 11:47 AM

My MIL gave me printer photo paper so I could print pictures and send them to her.  It's not a great relationship, so it was totally unappreciated.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    July 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM

My Mom was great about mixing up who asked for what for Christmas so I would sometimes get what my sister wanted & she would get what I wanted!

• Bluecalm
    July 23, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    The first year we were married my dh got me a jig saw. I do not do carpentry work. Not sure what he was thinking lol.
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 23, 2013 at 3:03 PM

for my birthdays my dh buys me dirt, best present i can get!

• mrs.miller89
    July 24, 2013 at 12:11 AM

My first year in Master's Commission (Christian college level program) one of our second years planned a big scavenger hunt with clues and little presents at each location around our dorms. It was very thoughtful and I appreciate it now, six years later, but her clues were so difficult and in the moment I was just frustrated and upset. 

• KickButtMama
    July 24, 2013 at 1:02 AM

My DH is notorious for this, on the morning of any holiday - anniversary, birthday, Christmas Eve!- he will awkwardly say to the kids, "I need to get gas, you guys want to come?" (Sometimes forcing them) then he comes home with the store bag ....trying desperately to hide the card & gift inside.

The grocery store deciding to sell gift cards to random places was the best invention! I could finally get something other than gas station candy or scratch tickets!  

• unsuspected
    July 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    My mom always gets me self help books. "Thanks mom, for diagnosing me with a bad marriage, anger issues and disorgaNization." Projecting much?
  • debramommyof4
    July 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
    I came home to find a box taller than me on my porch. It was a 5 foot stuffed bear. My husband had ordered it foe me while he was in Iraq. What do you do with a bear that big?

My now 7 year old, she was 2 at the time, decided to use Bob ( she named him) as a bed for a year. Then her sister got him for a year, then her brother. The only one who never slept on Bob is my current 2 year old.

Homeschooling Moms