Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Jinx-Troublex3
OT...Strangest birthday gift..
July 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I am watching the morning news as I go through CM and there was a funny comment...

Howie Mandel rented a fully grown elephant for his wife's birthday and had it in the back yard. It pulled a tree loose, defecated on the lawn and did 10k I'm damages to the landscaping and sprinkler system...

OMG...LOL!

What is the strangest thing you've received as a gift?

Replies

• Leissaintexas
    July 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I've never actually gotten a weird gift. Certainly never an elephant! LOL.  I agree with oredeb, the best gift I've ever gotten was several bags of potting soil and a flat of plants. Better than a bouquet of roses any day!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

yea!!! i liked my bday gift so much , my dh buys me 2 yards of dirt every year now( 15 years now). i always think what would i do with a bouqeut of flowers! when i can just go pick on in the yard! hahahaha

Quoting Leissaintexas:

I've never actually gotten a weird gift. Certainly never an elephant! LOL.  I agree with oredeb, the best gift I've ever gotten was several bags of potting soil and a flat of plants. Better than a bouquet of roses any day!

• wowguildmomma
    July 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM

my mom usually buys me books that she likes to read and I don't really care for. She is all into murder mysteries and I like regency romance. Soooo not the same thing.

• kirbymom
    July 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    Lol- I truly have never gotten a strange gift.
  • TJandKarasMom
    July 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    Oh I am sure there is something I'm not thinking of, lol. My grandmother, bless her heart, has always given weird gifts, but the more Alzheimer's-y she got, the worse it was, lol. One year I got some lace gloves and a heart shaped box with a ceramic Mother Mary and a picture of me and my brother as kids in it. She gave the same baseball cap to my ex husband two Christmases in a row. One time she gave my mom a gift my mom had given her...she is apparently the queen of regifting ;)

My DH is amazing, he always seems to get me what I want. But for Mother's Day this year, that was some Pyrex dishes and hair dye, hahaha, talk about romantic-but it was what I wanted. I suppose if I wanted an elephant we could possibly have 10k worth of damage to deal with, lol. Good thing I'm not (too) crazy.
  • Mommynay2
    July 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM

The weirdest thing I got, but appreciated was a vacuum.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    My husband got me a 20" tv for Christmas and I was pretty disappointed. I don't really watch tv.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN