Homeschooling Moms

Jinx-Troublex3
OT...Strangest birthday gift..
July 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I am watching the morning news as I go through CM and there was a funny comment...

Howie Mandel rented a fully grown elephant for his wife's birthday and had it in the back yard. It pulled a tree loose, defecated on the lawn and did 10k I'm damages to the landscaping and sprinkler system...

OMG...LOL!

What is the strangest thing you've received as a gift?

Replies

• Leissaintexas
    July 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I've never actually gotten a weird gift. Certainly never an elephant! LOL.  I agree with oredeb, the best gift I've ever gotten was several bags of potting soil and a flat of plants. Better than a bouquet of roses any day!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 24, 2013 at 11:48 AM

yea!!! i liked my bday gift so much , my dh buys me 2 yards of dirt every year now( 15 years now). i always think what would i do with a bouqeut of flowers! when i can just go pick on in the yard! hahahaha

Quoting Leissaintexas:

I've never actually gotten a weird gift. Certainly never an elephant! LOL.  I agree with oredeb, the best gift I've ever gotten was several bags of potting soil and a flat of plants. Better than a bouquet of roses any day!

• wowguildmomma
    July 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM

my mom usually buys me books that she likes to read and I don't really care for. She is all into murder mysteries and I like regency romance. Soooo not the same thing.

• kirbymom
    July 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    Lol- I truly have never gotten a strange gift.
  • TJandKarasMom
    July 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
    Oh I am sure there is something I'm not thinking of, lol. My grandmother, bless her heart, has always given weird gifts, but the more Alzheimer's-y she got, the worse it was, lol. One year I got some lace gloves and a heart shaped box with a ceramic Mother Mary and a picture of me and my brother as kids in it. She gave the same baseball cap to my ex husband two Christmases in a row. One time she gave my mom a gift my mom had given her...she is apparently the queen of regifting ;)

My DH is amazing, he always seems to get me what I want. But for Mother's Day this year, that was some Pyrex dishes and hair dye, hahaha, talk about romantic-but it was what I wanted. I suppose if I wanted an elephant we could possibly have 10k worth of damage to deal with, lol. Good thing I'm not (too) crazy.
  • Mommynay2
    July 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM

The weirdest thing I got, but appreciated was a vacuum.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 25, 2013 at 4:45 PM
    My husband got me a 20" tv for Christmas and I was pretty disappointed. I don't really watch tv.

Homeschooling Moms