Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
rsrangel
reading with NO help
July 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM
At about what age did your child read comfortably with NO help? I mean without stumbling over words, asking what a word is, comprehending what is going on.....reading like you and I would read.

Replies

• coala
    by coala
    July 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My 5 yo is actively reading approximately 3 1/2 years above her age level without help.  She is reading a Junior edition of Little Women.  She is reading and comprehending the story.  I sit with her while she reads and listen to her laugh or sigh at certain parts of the book.  It is amazing.

My 7 yo on the other hand still needs help.  She actively turns to her sister for her help.  She is getting better, but was behind in certain areas when she came to us.  We have worked REALLY hard getting her back on track and she is barely reading at grade level, but she is comprehending....so I'm gonna take it at this point.  I know she will eventually get better.

• debramommyof4
    July 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    My 7 year old since she was in k at 6 (end of the year). My 6 year old still has a little trouble. My 4 and 3 year olds are not readers yet.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts