Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
FootballFan12
OT: Ice Cream anyone?
July 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I didnt even realize that yesterday was ice cream day! What a way for me to miss out on a perfecly good excuse to indulge..lol

Every Monday evening after dinner, I take my kids to the local ice cream shop. My grandparents used to take all of us grandkids after Monday night dinner during the summer and it was something that I wanted to do with my kids. They look forward to it all week and talk about what flavor they are going to get next. Funny how they never really venture beyond vanilla or cookies and cream..lol

Do you ever take your kids for cold treats in the summer? Do you have an ice cream truck that visits your neighborhood? 

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    We need a tradition like that. The past few weeks there is so much going on event wise they get far more dessert amd eating out than necessary.
    One tradition we have is pizza movie night on friday.
  • kirbymom
    July 22, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    Quoting oredeb:

LOL - No, I mean we haven't made it. lol :))))
  • bluerooffarm
    July 22, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I love going out for ice cream.  Making it is fun too (we have a ball, which makes it even more fun).  My favorite is a local kind called tripple chocolate ripple with chips.  My oldest likes a scoop of Raspberry on top of a scoop of Moose tracks.  My younger 2 stick to chocolate or cookie dough.  And my hubby likes the Myersdale flavor, it has pretzels in it, but I don't remember what it's called.

• KymberleeAnn
    July 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Yes we have a carvels and a baskin and robbins near our home and we just love to eat ice cream and sherbet during the summer months, mr. softee comes through our neigborhood and sometimes good hunor ice truck comes by too:) 

• TJandKarasMom
    July 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I love going out for ice cream, but we actually have only done it a couple times this year.  I have been trying to be good since I'm not working.  But, as end of year gifts I got a $5 g/c to a restaurant in town that has an ice cream window so we will do that soon, and a $15 g/c to TCBY-which is pretty out of the way so we haven't gone there yet, but we will. 

• Precious333
    July 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    Ohhh yummy! I made frozen yogurt yesterday, but i like your ice cream day! How special! :)
  • Bluecalm
    July 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quoting FootballFan12:

Root beer floats are my all time favorite. They remind me of the rootbeer hard candy my grandfather used to eat when I was a little girl. 

Quoting kirbymom:

and floats. Ice cream was a rare treat when I was growing up but with our kids, they get to eat it more than I did. Not every day mind you but as often as we can. We love to make shakes and sundaes and floats. We try to make new concoctions everytime we have ice cream. :)

My dad always ate rootbeer barrel candy and my grandma made me rootbeer floats. Thanks for the memory. :)

• Bluecalm
    July 22, 2013 at 8:33 PM

We live walking distance to a Dairy Queen. We don't go regularly, but as a special treat. It was empty one afternoon and my boys got up to dance to the radio. One of the workers filmed them and posted it on the DQ FB lol.

• FootballFan12
    July 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM

A pizza and movie night sound really good. I like that idea. 

Quoting Boobah:

We need a tradition like that. The past few weeks there is so much going on event wise they get far more dessert amd eating out than necessary.
    One tradition we have is pizza movie night on friday.

• FootballFan12
    July 23, 2013 at 3:32 PM

you're welcome. Those rootbeer barrel candies remind me of my grandfather. I really miss him, he was the best.  :)

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting FootballFan12:

Root beer floats are my all time favorite. They remind me of the rootbeer hard candy my grandfather used to eat when I was a little girl. 

Quoting kirbymom:

and floats. Ice cream was a rare treat when I was growing up but with our kids, they get to eat it more than I did. Not every day mind you but as often as we can. We love to make shakes and sundaes and floats. We try to make new concoctions everytime we have ice cream. :)

My dad always ate rootbeer barrel candy and my grandma made me rootbeer floats. Thanks for the memory. :)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts