Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mamabear32123
possible ridiculous question
July 21, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Sorry for possible mistakes in advance.. i am mobile and in a hurry.

But my question is my dd is two and we plan to hs but she is so social i am afraid she will be in social situations and want to go to ps with her peers... can u ease my mind?

To clarify i know hs kids are socialized lol i just wonder if she will want to do what "everyone else" is doing. Hopefully we successfully raise her to not care about that.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• KickButtMama
    July 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hmm, I think all HS kids 'say' they want to go to PS - I think my youngest had a skewed view of what that meant, he thought it was riding the bus (fun) to a building where he would take all his friends on the playground all day....

bottom line for me? I don't let my kids make life altering decisions. They have no way of understanding the consequences or repercussions. So once I said, nope we homeschool, they shrugged and said, "ok" then we rode the city bus so they would have the bus experience..lol.

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

hi mamabear, ive had a few social kids that ive homeschooled since under school age, and they've never wanted to go to public school, so maybe that wont happen! even if she does, gotta be honest with her let her know thats not what your all are doing, letting her know shes got it better off than they do! imagine going to school for 8 hours(i dont know how long they school) some place else! and at home it only takes 2-3 hours!

• HarrisonMD
    July 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Since she's only 2, you have plenty of time and lot's of ways to socialize her! lol...my DD is almost 3 and a half and she loves to play with other kids when we do extra activities. I'll be enrolling her in dance class this fall for something fun to do and she is always playing with friends...I wouldn't worry about it! Good Luck!

• kirbymom
    July 22, 2013 at 3:21 PM
    Since she is only 2, she will follow your lead more than anyone else's. Play with her and show her how much fun learning can be when at home and out and about. As long as you do not make pb that much of a big deal, it's likely she won't either.
  • mamabear32123
    July 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    Thank you ladies very much! I think more than anything i needed my own thoughts/opinions on the matter reinforced by a third party. Thank you all for your time and input. Hugs to you all!!
  • mom2boys6711
    July 23, 2013 at 7:06 PM

My 7yr old goes through the "I want to go to ps" phase every now and then. Usaully after being around his ps cousins. Apparently, he told his uncle that he wanted to go to regular school. He told my son he would talk to us. He talked to dh today about it. My husband told him, that we are set on homeschooling. Bil told dh how he didn't learn anything when their mom hs'd him, etc...

We talked with our son, explained our reasons to homeschool him and told him all the great things we get to do while everyone else is in school. He quickly said he wants to stay home.

• collinsmommy0
    July 23, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    I live in an area where the kids in our neighborhood all go to 3-4 different private schools - so even if DS wanted to go with his friends they are all at different schools anyways.

Plus just join a hsing group - they often have field trips, etc that they go on each month

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts