Homeschooling Moms

Mandallyn
Pre-K letters and numbers
July 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Does anyone know a good program to help a Pre-K kid with letters (sounds and writing) and counting? 

My 4yr old is stubborn and won't participate if he doesn't feel like it.  It's very hard to work with him.  He says he wants to start school, but I need something that gives him a little freedom of choice and that is fun.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Replies

• HappyMama.x3
    July 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    For pre k I used printables from online, little workbooks like brain quest and hooked on phonics and the star fall website. My kids have always loved star fall because they get to use the computer and its like games and videos so they find it fun.
  • mommy4lyf
    July 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    www.pbs.org is a good site. It does have games and educational videos.
  • debramommyof4
    July 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    We love starfall and abcmouse.com
  • Mandallyn
    July 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
    I've heard of hooked on phonics, but never looked it up. How does it work, is it like a game?
    Quoting HappyMama.x3:

For pre k I used printables from online, little workbooks like brain quest and hooked on phonics and the star fall website. My kids have always loved star fall because they get to use the computer and its like games and videos so they find it fun.
  • HappyMama.x3
    July 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

They have different programs, but the one I used for this age was just workbooks.  

Quoting Mandallyn:

I've heard of hooked on phonics, but never looked it up. How does it work, is it like a game?
    Quoting HappyMama.x3:

• JocelynsMama1
    July 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Starfall.com my daughter has been playing on it since she was 2 or 3 and thats how she learned all her letter sounds and is starting to read at 4

Homeschooling Moms